right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

AP English Language essay question

roxloroxlo 249 replies79 threads Member
edited February 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
Okay, so I am going to be taking the SAT and AP english language around the same time, so I'm trying to figure out what I should do different for the essays. I have worked on essays for the SAT, and I can fit in well with that time. But is it wise to go through the AP essays like the SAT one? (It would leave me a bit of time to spare, also)
edited February 2008
1 replies
Post edited by roxlo on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: AP English Language essay question

• innervisionsinnervisions User Awaiting Email Confirmation 216 replies5 threads Junior Member
    No. The AP essays are much more in-depth, and require a far more comprehensive response. Using a couple real-life examples from studies and culture is rewarded, similarly to the SAT's, but you're not going to be responding to a generic question, you're going to be responding to a passage (or series of passages, with the synthesis question), and that needs to be a focal point of your essay. You also need to be familiar with a lot of literary terms that the SAT doesn't bother with, and be able to analyze them and/or use them yourself. Buy the Cliffs AP Eng Lang/Comp book and take a look at how to approach these.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity