right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Berkeley Loans-I think I'm screwed X_X

NihongoyoNihongoyo 1724 replies530 postsRegistered User Senior Member
edited August 2010 in UC Transfers
So...
I got my residency letter early July which said I was out of state (which I'm not). So, I promptly wrote a VERY detailed appeal letter with hopes that it would convince them of my weird situation.

Meanwhile...I called a week ago to the registrar's office and they said it could take a month or two MORE in the future! So, I've been freaking out not knowing what to do for loans. What amount to put down...You know? Because I have no idea if this appeal will go through or not and if it doesn't, I don't know if I can attend because I can not afford it. 53K a year is ridiculous lol.

Then, I found out ten minutes ago that the first payment was due August 15th...am I screwed? What should I do! I have no idea what to do (and I've done this loan thing before but I feel like this is way more complicated. AHH!)
edited August 2010
2 replies
Post edited by Nihongoyo on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Berkeley Loans-I think I'm screwed X_X

• edmfanatiqedmfanatiq 223 replies5 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Check the link below
    Legal Residence Information - Office Of The Registrar

There are many criteria that indicates you are a Cali resident. Such as, if you attended 3 years or more of high school in California, you are exempt from OOS tuition.
    If you satisfy the requirements for Cali residency, you should have no problem in your appeal. You might need documents to prove your residency.

If your first payment was due August 15th, you will have to pay the late fee regardless, because even if you were considered in-state you would have to pay by that date. lol.

Oh. I just remembered, if you attended another state school at a different state and if you have established residency at that state to receive in-state tuition for that college, you will have to pay out of state tuition fee for UC's. lol. Double check on that to make sure. I don't want to be sued.
    · Reply · Share
  • minilemonminilemon 220 replies2 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    an appeal letter is simply not sufficient to prove your residency. They want tax forms and, if necessary, some other documents to prove your legal residence here.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity