Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Trying to come back from a bad time

ajbeersajbeers Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I started living college in 2008 and I lived in the dorm. My first semester went fine, but when the second semester came around I started having a lot of relationship problems. It was bad enough to where I stopped going to classes altogether and it didn’t occur to me to drop them. Needless to say I failed everything and lost my scholarships and had loans out with nothing to show for it. The next school year I tried to get back to school, this time at a community college as they would let me take classes. My relationship got worse and this time I saw that I was doing the same thing, started skipping classes and not doing the work, so I dropped those because I didn’t want to make the same mistake again. So long story short, I ended up going to counseling because I finally told people about how I was having suicidal thoughts, which is why I didn’t care about classes, nothing mattered.

Now i'm out of that time in my life and I want to get back to school. However I still have those failing grades messing up my record and I was wondering if anyone knows if/how the failing grades could be disputed and taken off of my record because of medical/mental reasons.

also if anyone knows a better place to ask this it would be much appreciated as i didnt really know where to ask
Post edited by ajbeers on

Replies to: Trying to come back from a bad time

  • kyoakyoakyoakyoa Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    The posters at the Parents' Forum may be able to give you some advice.
  • 335426607335426607 Registered User Posts: 190 Junior Member
    can i ask, was it with your girlfriend/wife or your family?

    maybe you should finish your undergraduate degree in comunity college and for masters or bachelors, try to transfer to a university.
  • ajbeersajbeers Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    the relationship was with my ex that i was engaged to at the time.

    also i do know that the college i went to told me at the time that if i was to go back and retake those classes which i failed any new grades could replace the old failing grades. but i would have to pay for it all out of pocket, if i remember correctly.
This discussion has been closed.