right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Rice Class of 2017 ED/RD Discussion Thread

Replies to: Rice Class of 2017 ED/RD Discussion Thread

• crazymomstercrazymomster 1677 replies195 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,872 Senior Member
    Some schools require that you report "all" scores and they will only consider your highest score. If you are given the option to report only one, then choose the one that makes you look best. Also realize though that most schools will want the writing portion of the ACT if that is what you submitted and then some schools will want 1-2 SAT subject exam scores if you only report the SAT.
    · Reply · Share
  • dariaforevermoredariaforevermore 22 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 24 New Member
    I think you can optionally submit either the ACT+Writing or the SAT and two subject tests. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • runallday4runallday4 597 replies116 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 713 Member
    I thought it would be a good idea to see who's applying ED, so if you are, copy paste the list so far, and add your username.

Rice ED Applicants
    1. Runallday4
    · Reply · Share
  • IceQubeIceQube 2907 replies280 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,187 Senior Member
    2. IceQube

Let's also put whether we think we're a "likely," "on the fence," or "reach."

So ...

1. Runallday4 ... ?
    2. IceQube ... likely (unless the supplement essays are a flop)
    · Reply · Share
  • runallday4runallday4 597 replies116 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 713 Member
    Rice ED Applicants
    1. Runallday4 ... on the fence (I really have no clue, just hoping for an acceptance)

On a side note, I still have 6 more schools I have to apply to RD if I don't get in, 5 of which of supplements. I'm debating whether to start them now, and risk wasting a lot of time and effort if I am accepted, or waiting to start them, and risking having to do a lot of work in a few weeks while also being sad about my denial. Ugh, 27 more days, I just want to know.
    · Reply · Share
  • tracked89tracked89 15 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Rice ED Applicants
    1. Runallday4 ... on the fence (I really have no clue, just hoping for an acceptance)
    3. tracked89 ... good chances, but I don't want to jinx myself
    · Reply · Share
  • abro54abro54 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Rice ED Applicants
    4. abro54....zip..0...100% chance of rejection.
    · Reply · Share
  • engiprospengiprosp 25 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Rice ED Applicants
    5. engiprosp ... either on the fence or low reach
    · Reply · Share
  • kaleidotrophkaleidotroph 59 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    Rice ED Applicants
    6. kaleidotroph ... really not sure, on the fence most likely
    · Reply · Share
  • corvenzocorvenzo 35 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    Rice ED Applicants
    7. corvenzo... pretty sure likely, but i could handle a deferral
    · Reply · Share
  • hkim0713hkim0713 294 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 299 Junior Member
    Rice ED Applicants
    8. hkim0713 ... low chance, like 33% of getting accepted?
    · Reply · Share
  • aribar94aribar94 63 replies7 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    Rice ED Applicants
    8. hkim0713 ... low chance, like 33% of getting accepted?
    9. aribar94 ... on the fence, low reach. I like to think I have at least a 50% chance.
    · Reply · Share
    Guys, at 6 pm tonight (EST) while have at most 20 days left until decisions!!! After that we're down in the teens. I can't believe that I'm actually applying to college. This is crazy.

Does anyone know if they're definitely releasing decisions on the 15th? That's a saturday, and the 14th is a friday, so I was wondering if the 14th would be a possibility.
    · Reply · Share
  • engiprospengiprosp 25 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 New Member
    I think the last time they released the results before the 15th was December 2008, and based on the results post for that year, they were released on the 13th which was a Saturday. I'm going to check on the 14th but there's a pretty high chance that they'll stick with the 15th.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/rice-university/614774-official-rice-class-2013-ed-results.html
    · Reply · Share
  • aribar94aribar94 63 replies7 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    I have countdown apps on my phone counting down (one even calculates how many heartbeats are left!). I thought I would forget about everything after a while but from here on out I'm just going to be thinking about everything more and more.

I check Esther pretty much every day. Can't wait for the moment when "Application Under Review" goes away!! Rest assured I will be checking multiple times a day the week leading up to the 15.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity