right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Graduating early

pupsterspupsters 41 replies28 threads Junior Member
i was looking at requirements for the bs degree in psychology and it doesnt look like, (with summer school), that it will take the complete four years. if i take the first quarter of 4th year classes and finish the requirements by then, can i commence the winter of that year? commencement is like the day after the quarter ends? or would i have to wait until summer?
edited December 2005
2 replies
Post edited by pupsters on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Graduating early

• PearlinthemistPearlinthemist 695 replies2 threads Member
    I'm not sure when winter commencement is, but you wouldn't have to wait till summer.
    Just make sure that if you do it, you make sure you will satisfy everything including major requirements and college requirements and university requirements including GE's & unit requirements, etc - without doing insane courseloads. It might be worth it to spread out the courses so that your GPA doesn't nose dive. Another thing that might mess up that plan is whether the courses you need are offered when you need them.. a lot of classes aren't offered in the summer.
    · Reply · Share
  • im_blueim_blue 2139 replies3 threads Senior Member
    You receive your degree after the quarter you finish, but the commencement part, also called walking, is at the end of spring quarter only.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity