right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Purdue and Tulane are rumored to release decisions tomorrow (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Got rejected to CSULB...

13»

Replies to: Got rejected to CSULB...

• seansantaclaritaseansantaclarita 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I was rejected from CSULB with a 1210/1600 and a 3.68. I also played two sports in school and one in club (volleyball and swim). I also was in theater, concert choir, ASB and Academic Decathlon. Also, I became president of my school's nursing home volunteer club. With my stats that I feel pretty comfortable with, I was heartbroken. It wast very first college response too so I became so discouraged. But then later on, I heard from my other colleges and most of them were yes's. I got into Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, UCSC and Fordham.
    · Reply · Share
  • meoowwwmeoowww 77 replies10 threads Junior Member
    I got into East Bay & SF but those are local so I really rather just go to community college.
    Just out of curiosity, why is CSULB so sought after? Is is just the local, being in Southern California or am I missing something?

I have two cousins from Washington who've applied both were rejected - which is pretty funny since I was accepted. Anyway, I just don't see the reasoning behind going to CSULB is it really that much better than other CSU campuses?

As an out of state student, or in ForeIN's case a non-local. Spending all that money on housing, when you could live at home just doesn't seem worth it. Also in the case of my cousins as out of state students they would be paying twice the tuition if not more when they could stay at home and attend Washington State University for less! For me CSULB is local I can stay at home and bike 5 minutes to campus doesn't get much better than that...For a bachelors unless you're Ivy League material I don't see the point of wasting all that money if (when) you can stay local. The goal is to graduate debt free!
    · Reply · Share
  • DerangedCorgiDerangedCorgi 129 replies16 threads Junior Member
    It's one of the better CSU's with CPSLO, CPP above it (SDSU as well but that's a different story). Most people won't get into CPSLO so they look at SDSU, CPP, or CSULB due to reputation and locale.
    · Reply · Share
  • ForeINForeIN 809 replies99 threads Member
    lol I got rejected from SDSU too! and got accepted to Humboldt even though I think its further away.

@Meoowww Thanks thats a good point but i was also looking at majors. East bay doesnt have much so i dont plan to transfer.

Sent from my C5155 using CC
    · Reply · Share
  • meoowwwmeoowww 77 replies10 threads Junior Member
    @ ForeIN That's true I forgot about universities not offering certain majors, plus some schools are more respective in a particular field - makes sense why one would move for college.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity