right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Is a degree in MechE with PetE concentration as good as a PetE degree?

werewolfwerewolf 40 replies15 threads Junior Member
Hi, I'm a prospective (international) undergrad a have developed an interest in working as a petroleum engineer (exploration and extraction), and wanted some info about USCs Mechanical Engg (PetE concentration) major.

I was wondering how this program compares to PetE at Texas A&M and Colorado School of Mines in terms of academics, job opportunities and placements. Importantly, is it significant that this is a MechE major, and not actually PetE, and will this mean I won't be entitled to the best jobs?

Also, how do all of them compare to Stanford's Energy Resource Engineering in terms of the same criteria?
edited June 2013
2 replies
Post edited by werewolf on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is a degree in MechE with PetE concentration as good as a PetE degree?

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity