right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Stanford RD 2018 Discussions' Thread

Replies to: Stanford RD 2018 Discussions' Thread

• Lilliana330Lilliana330 1578 replies38 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,616 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Lol yes she was awesome. Shout out to Lupita, though!
    edited March 2014
    · Reply · Share
  • 547fjekr547fjekr 40 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    shout out to Lupita...I'm from Kenya and a Stanford University applicant...we're so proud of her :-)
    · Reply · Share
  • 547fjekr547fjekr 40 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    I also wish y'all that applied to Stanford an acceptance. Let's keep hoping for the best!
    · Reply · Share
  • jessecolemanjessecoleman 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I keep psyching myself out. "My essays weren't good enough", "But I have a good hook", "But I don't have good enough test scores", "But they'll like my references". Is anyone else experiencing this? I just want the wait to be over.
    · Reply · Share
  • Lilliana330Lilliana330 1578 replies38 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,616 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    ^ Me too! I feel like I have enough hooks for it to be a 50/50, but that's most likely not realistic... :-S

Good luck to everyone!
    edited March 2014
    · Reply · Share
  • chemicaholicchemicaholic 11 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 11 New Member
    So do I. Very unsure about it. Kind of in limbo. :(
    · Reply · Share
  • my88keysmy88keys 1153 replies66 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,219 Senior Member
    @burtmacklin, I'm guessing you watch Parks and Rec?

And yeah, I go from times where I think that I might have come off really well to times where I think that I came off horrendously.
    · Reply · Share
  • alwayswonderinesalwayswonderines 184 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 196 Junior Member
    @jessecoleman I'm thinking the same! I sent them an update on March 1, thinking that somehow it would help. My stats aren't great and I have a few hooks and awesome recommendations but with acceptance rates so low there is no way to predict who's gonna get accepted. The top kid in my school got rejected from MIT and he had the grades, the EC's, and the recs albeit no hooks.
    · Reply · Share
  • KigzcorpKigzcorp 231 replies23 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    Another Kenyan here...Stanford is just so competitive. .my friend got in REA with 1950 URM though
    · Reply · Share
    My Cal Grant award shows Stanford as my "school of attendance." There's no option for students to select a 1st choice, the site's doing this by itself.

Trying to not read too much into this...
    · Reply · Share
  • burtmacklinburtmacklin 44 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    @my88keys sorry I am FBI. Can't disclose personal info.
    · Reply · Share
  • lucyplayspianolucyplayspiano 42 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    hey so is march 28th a confirmed date or just a guess?
    · Reply · Share
    edited March 2014
    @lucyplayspiano The official date is April 1st. However, Stanford always releases decisions the Friday before. Sooo it's confirmed, just not on paper.
    edited March 2014
    · Reply · Share
  • lucyplayspianolucyplayspiano 42 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    awesome! and hey, nice to meet you haha. I was also accepted to USC under presidential finalist :P
    · Reply · Share
    @lucyplayspiano Nice to meet you too :) I knew your username sounded familiar lol
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity