right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Why does JHU tell me I haven't submitted my CSS PROFILE when I did so a month ago?

unobtaniumunobtanium 27 replies17 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
Hello everyone, and thank you for your attention!

First of all, I must say that I am international, so the application process for me is a little bit different. Most US colleges are need-aware to internationals, and therefore the CSS profile is a vital part of admission. Hence, I was cautious enough to send in my CSS to all colleges well before the actual deadline, and I was happy to know that nearly all of them have received it long ago. However, there is an exception, and that is Johns Hopkins! Today, I am completely in shock to receive an email from them saying that I must send in the CSS immediately to be considered for financial aid. This may means that, they haven't considered my application at all (as I said before, it is part of the need-aware policy). Now that they have started to hand out admission decision portals to students, I suspect that all applications have been considered, and mine had been left out. Honestly, now that this happens, I think I am more likely to get struck by lightning on a sunny day than to receive an acceptance letter from JHU on 27 March.

OH WAIT, I STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET A FAKE ADMISSION LETTER TO SHOW OFF TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

So what do you think I should do, besides sending them a letter immediately (which I have already done)?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Why does JHU tell me I haven't submitted my CSS PROFILE when I did so a month ago?

• arabrabarabrab 5886 replies77 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,963 Senior Member
    Confirm that you actually listed JHU on the Profile, and then call JHU and speak to financial aid to find out what the problem might be.
    · Reply · Share
  • unobtaniumunobtanium 27 replies17 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    I checked like a thousand times already, so unless I got blind all of a sudden, I can be sure that Johns Hopkins is on the list and CSS has been scheduled to be sent to JHU on February 10. I'm going to call them right away.
    · Reply · Share
  • SephardicJewESASephardicJewESA 177 replies7 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 184 Junior Member
    Same thing happened to me. (I submitted it on feb 16 and I have the receipt from collegeboard proving that)
    · Reply · Share
  • unobtaniumunobtanium 27 replies17 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    edited March 2015
    I feel your pain. If JHU is so good at educating engineers, why can't they be any better at handling documents?
    edited March 2015
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity