right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Undergrad International Business

jorjimariejorjimarie 54 replies1 threads Junior Member
edited April 2016 in College Search & Selection
I want to study international business and eventually go into law. My final three schools are Brown, Georgetown and NYU.
Brown: I have ancestry in the area, the campus is beautiful and I mean it's an Ivy League but at the same time I feel like I may spend 4 years getting a degree that I'm not in love with. Cost: 13,000
Georgetown: I haven't been but I think the location is great and the school is an amazing fit for me with everything it offers and it still has prestige. I also love the more "college like" experience offered. Cost: 10,000
NYU: It has really been my dream school for the last few years. Something about New York and all the opportunities there is so attractive ( I do modeling and have some business related connections there). However I would be missing out on a "traditional experience" but I feel like the pros outweigh the cons. Also, my dad IS NOT a fan of nyu and me living in the city. Cost: 0, they gave me a full ride.

Please help me or give me any form of advice ! Where should I go ?
edited April 2016
5 replies
Post edited by Chedva on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Undergrad International Business

• qwertyzxcqwertyzxc 335 replies0 threads Member
    you got a full ride to NYU Stern? How is this a question then - definitely go there

Seriously though if you have any questions about Stern feel free to message
    · Reply · Share
  • SternBusinessSternBusiness 958 replies62 threads Senior Member
    Go Stern! I'm going their next year, so I am probably pretty biased, but due to your major and the cost I think its the best option.
    · Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 43281 replies471 threads Senior Member
    Check your award: is that award including loans (also called Stafford, Parent Plus... On some packages) .
    What can you afford ? What type of job would you like to have ?
    · Reply · Share
  • jorjimariejorjimarie 54 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @MYOS1634 there is a loan for about 2000, but the 1500 deposit due may 1st essentiall covers that so the last 500 I would just pay upfront. My dad specifically isn't worried about cost, but I mean he would have to get another job and what not. Furthermore, I definitely want to work with a large, international level company. My interest is in business right now, but probably will minor in broadcasting or journalism too.
    · Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 43281 replies471 threads Senior Member
    Stern then :). Go recreate something closer to a college experience choose the residential college or, at least, a living learning community (there's always one about NYC which would be really interesting if you're not from there).
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity