right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Business,Communications, Marketing or other major?

MelodyxMelodyx 34 replies21 threads Junior Member
I feel hopeless but not giving up. I am in my mid 20's went back to school and finished practically all my general classes working towards A.A, but now it's time to choose concentration courses otherwise I am stuck with a General Studies degree, which is not my goal.. if I can get my foot in the door with an associates great but I know the chances are low unless I am doing something in healthcare and honestly im not too crazy about that unless it's like sonography and even then..

I've worked 7+ years as an office assistant in a property management company. Don't see myself here for the rest of my life. I'm in school to have a back up,profession/degree but I honestly don't know which path to go towards. I'm not great at math so I thought not to pursue anything math related, but eventually someday I would like to start my own business so I will have to practice and suck it up.

6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Business,Communications, Marketing or other major?

• philbegasphilbegas 2924 replies73 threads Senior Member
    Which do you like the most?
    · Reply · Share
  • MelodyxMelodyx 34 replies21 threads Junior Member
    After doing some research and literally googling random jobs in Indeed and seeing requirements.. I am learning towards Business or Marketing but mainly more towards Business. Not sure if I am on the right track yet but I plan on getting my associates degree in Business related major then work on my bachelors. On the side I plan on working with my art related hobbies and learn web development.. Sigh, I am all over the place lol but I am getting somewhere..
    · Reply · Share
    You're going to have to do general education classes (art, science, etc) so you can always take classes that cater more to your interests that way.
    · Reply · Share
    Yeah! I actually just finished all my general education classes now I have to take concentration courses for now I'll stick to taking business related courses. It's either business, graphic design, marketing, web development or education. And out of all, I feel business would be best.. I just have to really practice math.
    · Reply · Share
    Just don't take upper division classes, they won't transfer. Stick to introductory level. Macro/micro, fin/mgmt accounting, etc.
    · Reply · Share
    That's true, I'll stick to lower division classes for now. Currently taking Business 101, which still applies to management,admin,marketing majors so that's good
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity