right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

USC class of 2023 Applicants Thread

VPDadVPDad 64 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
Didnt see a thread for class of 2023, so starting this one. Good luck to all applicants!
4161 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: USC class of 2023 Applicants Thread

• VPDadVPDad 64 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Does anyone know if USC calls for interviews upon applicant's request only?
    · Reply · Share
  • romns116romns116 606 replies32 threadsRegistered User Member
    At university info session earlier this year, we were told USC interviews would no longer be conducted. It was reiterated at SCA info session.

Has anyone interviewed this year?
    · Reply · Share
  • TreeAlumTreeAlum 103 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Good Luck to all the applicants! I remember this time last year - it seems so long ago now! My daughter is just finishing her first semester at USC and she *loves* it there. I've visited a few times and each time I have to leave, I am sad to leave the campus! I am curious to see if the applicant numbers go up or stay the same since there was a huge jump last year. I do expect they will accept fewer students because the yield was so much higher that they are having issues with housing. BEST OF LUCK CLASS OF '23!
    · Reply · Share
  • USCkid19USCkid19 66 replies33 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @TreeAlum Don’t know if they will accept that many less people this year. The yield went up, but the enrollees stayed the same from ‘21s to ‘22s. Additionally, I believe that the jump in applications won’t be as great as they were last year because of the sexual abuse scandal. Just look at MSU, applicants are down more than 7%. If look to see the Acceptance rate stay relatively steady.
    · Reply · Share
  • SlimJim005SlimJim005 258 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Even though USC doesn't have Early Decision or Early Action, I've heard that you might get notified early of some merit aid, which usually portends being accepted. Is that true?
    · Reply · Share
  • WWWardWWWard 2692 replies15 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @slimjim005 Yes... if you are notified in January about moving forward in the merit scholarship process, that does also serve as notification of admission. Good Luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • TreeAlumTreeAlum 103 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @USCkid19 When I was at orientation this past summer, the Dean of Admissions said they were shooting for a class of about 3000, and they ended up with 3400. (They didn't want it to go up from '21, and it did). When you look at the numbers, they accepted about 1000 less trying to get to the smaller class, and if the yield hadn't bumped, it would have been just over 3000. Depending on the number of apps, I do think they will accept fewer students because the large class is giving them housing headaches. As for the scandal, yeah, it will be interesting to see if it has any effect. I still think they were surprised by the huge jump last year! I think the USC Village, the chance for merit, and the sophomore housing guarantee contribute to the bump up in applicants. As a numbers-oriented person, I am excited to see where the numbers end up.
    · Reply · Share
  • Drago.724Drago.724 14 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Does anyone know if they have a target date in January for the merit-scholarship notifications, or is it just any time in January?
    · Reply · Share
  • AggieMom68AggieMom68 116 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Anyone knows what the next step is in the admission process with USC Marshall/WBB?
    · Reply · Share
  • QuantjockQuantjock 77 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @AggieMom68, next step after WBB app is submitted is waiting for merit scholarship notification in late January. See post #9, directly above yours for details. That was when our son's USC Marshall/WBB acceptance came last year. Settle in, it'll be a long 6 weeks!
    · Reply · Share
  • Drago.724Drago.724 14 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Did anyone else applying to engineering by the merit deadline get the USC Viterbi Magazine in the mail?
    · Reply · Share
  • CADREAMINCADREAMIN 5459 replies102 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Yes applicants get the Viterbi magazine.
    · Reply · Share
  • 19he2064019he20640 5 replies3 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I got a handwritten note from someone in Viterbi admissions inviting me to attend an info session (I'm an OOS student) awhile back. Does this mean anything or do they do this for everyone?
    · Reply · Share
  • WWWardWWWard 2692 replies15 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
  • CADREAMINCADREAMIN 5459 replies102 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @Notthehospital Uh oh, now the pressure is on. :)

Thanks for the kind words and happy holidays!
    · Reply · Share
  • QQQBoutiqueQQQBoutique 16 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I received a email from USC yesterday regarding English Language Proficiency Supplement for international student. However, I'm not a international student. I'm a permanent resident. Did any non-international student received the same email? Should I contact AO to clarify?
    · Reply · Share
  • chiquitatontitachiquitatontita 3 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    hello, hopeful viterbi here!
    · Reply · Share
  • k1ngp1nk1ngp1n 15 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    prospective poli sci/public policy applicant, 'SC is my first choice!
    · Reply · Share