right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

What phrases or things are like nails on a blackboard to you?

Replies to: What phrases or things are like nails on a blackboard to you?

• privatebankerprivatebanker 5036 replies66 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,102 Senior Member
    This directive is coming from “top of the house”.

It’s coming from the attic?
    · Reply · Share
  • BmacNJBmacNJ 80 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 88 Junior Member
    Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner
    · Reply · Share
  • VeryHappyVeryHappy 18332 replies323 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 18,655 Senior Member
    Well, a new one for me -- beyond the "guest vs customer" thing -- is that my son, a psychologist, apparently has clients, not patients.

Huh.
    · Reply · Share
  • rickle1rickle1 1727 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,741 Senior Member
    ^ sounds like he plans on them being in the system for a long time..... just kidding, no offense meant at all.
    · Reply · Share
  • ScipioScipio 8464 replies477 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,941 Senior Member
    Veterinarians have both clients and patients. The client is the one with a wallet and the patient is the one wearing a collar and leash.
    · Reply · Share
  • privatebankerprivatebanker 5036 replies66 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,102 Senior Member
    @Scipio that description could also work for the psychologist.

🤔😃
    · Reply · Share
  • natty1988natty1988 595 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 603 Member
    @MomofJandL I forgot about "methinks." I don't like that term either!
    · Reply · Share
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild 22563 replies190 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 22,753 Senior Member
    I remembered my absolute MOST irritating- "leaving to pursue other interests" when someone has been fired.
    · Reply · Share
  • rockymtnhigh2rockymtnhigh2 212 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 214 Junior Member
    edited May 7
    Or ^, “spend more time with my family”
    edited May 7
    · Reply · Share
  • Waiting2exhaleWaiting2exhale 2902 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,916 Senior Member
    While no one in my house besides me seems to hear the distinction, the use of the non-word "intregal," or "intrecal/intrical," when one intends "integral".
    · Reply · Share
  • whatisyourquestwhatisyourquest 739 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 748 Member
    "You go girl"
    · Reply · Share
  • Waiting2exhaleWaiting2exhale 2902 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,916 Senior Member
    "You go girl"

Imagine having educators punctuate statements to you in this manner. Makes one's skin cells want to slough away from the bone en masse.
    · Reply · Share
  • smdur1970smdur1970 909 replies39 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 948 Member
    Aspiration, aspirational.

If you're commited to achieving something, call it a goal.
    · Reply · Share
  • momo2x2018momo2x2018 744 replies46 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 790 Member
    I thought of this thread as I was chatting w my DH last night and he related to me a 'little antidote' Huh?
    · Reply · Share
    @lvvcsf That’s a Pittsburgh and western PA thing too.
    · Reply · Share