right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Double major in Computer Science and Business - Feasible or nah?

Melanie786Melanie786 13 replies10 threads Junior Member
Hi! I'm thinking of double majoring in computer science and business! Computer science is a definite, but Business, I'm not too sure about. I looked up the plan of study and it seems to have a lot of requirements, and I'd avoid taking like 6 classes a semester. But is it doable? Any advice?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Double major in Computer Science and Business - Feasible or nah?

• ProfessorPlum168ProfessorPlum168 4184 replies92 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2019
    it's doable. It's a bit easier to arrange with both majors in L&S as opposed to the simultaneous degrees via MET, since both would use the same L&S requirements. But since there's very little overlap WRT required classes, and if you don't finish in 4.5 years, you might have to withdraw one of the majors. I see more CS and Econ double majors, but there too you have to plan carefully and double dip with classes where possible, or else you wind up going for 4.5 years there too and might need to withdraw a major. Or start taking 20-24 hours a semester.
    edited June 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • ProfessorPlum168ProfessorPlum168 4184 replies92 threads Senior Member
    FWIW, admittance rate for internal students for Haas is 30%, while L&S CS is around 50%.
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 83312 replies741 threads Senior Member
    L&S CS admission is by earning a 3.3 GPA in CS 61A, 61B, 70. Grade distributions for these courses indicate that about half of students earn B+ or higher grades (note that 61A and 61B explicitly do not grade on a curve).

Business admission is a competitive process with subjective review.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity