right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Prepare for ACT or SAT Subject Tests?

phalaenopsisphalaenopsis 25 replies7 threads Junior Member
Hello! I am a rising senior who's freaking out about the whole college admission process. So here are some basic stats about myself: 1530 SAT, 3.83 UW, 4.11 Weighted GPA, 17% in my class. I have the ACT on July 13th and SAT 2 tests in August, and I am planning to take the Chemistry, Physics, and Math II tests since I want to be an engineering major. On my last ACT, I made a 32, but I am working for a 34 or above since I want to apply for very competitive colleges. My time is very limited because I have tons of extra stuff to do(working, school summer training that lasts from 8-4 every day, volunteering, college essay workshop, etc). Which test would you say I should focus on right now in order to maximize my admission chances?

Thank you so much!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Prepare for ACT or SAT Subject Tests?

• SybyllaSybylla 4896 replies59 threads Senior Member
    Why are you sitting the ACT with a 1530 SAT?
    · Reply · Share
  • phalaenopsisphalaenopsis 25 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Because I chanced myself on Prepscholar and let’s say if I get a 35 ACT, which is equivalent to 1530 SAT, my chance at most universities is about 5-7% higher than that with a 1530 SAT. Is that true though?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity