right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Am I doomed for Yale etc.? 110 pt score drop

goneawaygoneaway 71 replies6 postsRegistered User Junior Member
Title basically says it all.
1380 - 1st time (720RW/660M)
1490 - 2nd time (720RW/770M)
1380 - 3rd time (670RW,710M)
Two schools on my list are Yale and Georgetown which I know require all scores. Should I bother applying still? As for possible reasons why I dropped so much, it was stress and environment. There was so much noise at various times of test, but I still thought I could have possibly brought super score up to 1500.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Am I doomed for Yale etc.? 110 pt score drop

• nickgajnickgaj 8 replies6 postsRegistered User New Member
    I think you should still apply. You got a really high score that shows the admissions table that you are ready for their college. They don't know the circumstances of why your score dropped but they notice you are capable of getting a great score.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 6689 replies44 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    No one can tell you if your application is strong enough to apply to Yale or Georgetown just based on SAT scores alone. How were your SAT II subject tests? GPA? Course rigor? If everything else is in the ballpark, go for it, but have realistic match and safety schools on your list.
    · Reply · Share
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse 28777 replies56 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    With HPY schools, it’s s lot more than just the test scores. I’ve seen students get in with yours and get rejected with perfect scores. It’s what else you bring to them that they seek.
    · Reply · Share
  • goneawaygoneaway 71 replies6 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    @momofsenior1 my bad, they're included in a different thread, thanks for the advice though!
    · Reply · Share