right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Is 750 okay for a Math II Score?

PhysicsIsNotPhunPhysicsIsNotPhun 22 replies29 threads Junior Member
I know this question was asked many times before, but I want to see what the opinion is now.

On the recent June test, I got a 750 on the Subject Test Math II. On the regular SAT, I got a perfect score on the Math Section (800)

In August, I am also retaking Physics (because I did absolutely atrocious on that test.) Should I register for both Physics and Math II or just concentrate on Physics? (I am aiming for top schools such as MIT)
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is 750 okay for a Math II Score?

• skieuropeskieurope 41104 replies7747 threads Super Moderator
    For almost every college 750+ is more than good enough. However, at MIT, a 750 M2 score is below the 25th percentile and an 800 is at the 75th percentile. So if you're aiming for MIT, you should retake.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 2488 replies42 threads Senior Member
    I agree it's all relative. If you're really looking at MIT, then it's low. But schools "such as" MIT are very limited in that respect. It would be low at Caltech, maybe one or two more, in the 25-75 percentile range for most other top 20 schools, and a good score for all other schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 2488 replies42 threads Senior Member
    To add - I think it also depends on what your expectations/capabilities are for the test. Did you get 800's on every practice test, including the harder-than-actual Barron's tests? Or it 750 in the upper range of your actual CB practice tests. The answer may be different in those two scenarios. And do you have time to prep to retake M2 in addition to Physics. I would think it's a bit more challenging the further you get from finishing the course unless you keep up on review.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity