right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

HBO Films' "Bad Education," Starring Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney Debuts April 25

Dave_BerryDave_Berry CC Admissions Expert 511 replies3054 threads CC Admissions Expert
"Inspired by true events, BAD EDUCATION, debuting SATURDAY, APRIL 25 (8:00-9:30 p.m. ET/PT), follows Frank Tassone (Hugh Jackman) and Pam Gluckin (Allison Janney) who reign over a popular Long Island school district on the verge of the nation's top spot, spurring record college admissions and soaring property values. But when an embezzlement scheme surfaces that threatens to destroy all they've built, Frank is forced to maintain order and secrecy - by whatever means necessary.

The film will also be available on HBO On Demand, HBO NOW, HBO GO and partners' streaming platforms." ...

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2020/02/21/hbo-films-bad-education-starring-hugh-jackman-and-allison-janney-debuts-april-25-exclusively-on-hbo-620310/20200221hbo01/
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: HBO Films' "Bad Education," Starring Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney Debuts April 25

• janesmithjanesmith 349 replies44 threads Member
    This is such an enjoyable movie! I saw it last September at TIFF and it got a very enthusiastic reaction. Apparently it hews pretty closely to the facts of the Roslyn, LI, case. Jackman is very effective as the slimey superintendant and Allison Janney is wonderful as usual. Makes you understand "how could this happen?"
    · Reply · Share
  • 3sonsmom3sonsmom 370 replies0 threads Member
    @janesmith I read an online, lengthy story last night since the movie trailer is out. In the past week, I’ve read about Roslyn school theft and the ex-con father who moved in and destroyed student lives at Sarah Lawrence College. Maddening stories! And yes, while reading, you can’t believe what people get away with.

I like Hugh Jackman, Allison Janney and Ray Liotta, look forward to the movie.
    · Reply · Share
  • 3sonsmom3sonsmom 370 replies0 threads Member
    Ray Liotta is great but Ray Romano is in this movie! I’ve done this twice on College Confidential!
    · Reply · Share
  • StPaulDadStPaulDad 593 replies4 threads Member
    edited February 24
    I loved Ray Romano in Goodfellas! He got robbed at the Oscars, but it was cool how they spun off that character into an entire series for him. 😉
    edited February 24
    · Reply · Share
  • simba9simba9 3372 replies20 threads Senior Member
    Sounds like the title of a movie Rodney Dangerfield should be in.
    · Reply · Share