Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transferring application?

ZamzamZamzam Registered User Posts: 854 Member
edited February 2008 in Boston University
Does anyone know if there is any way for me to transfer my application from one school within BU to another?

I originally applied to SAR because I wanted to do Human Physiology for pre-med, but now I'm thinking I'll do International Relations (taking pre-med courses on the side), so I want to transfer to CAS. I can't really find anything on the website about it, so I was wondering if I needed to do anything more than write a letter and send it in.

Edit: Wow, I think I should tell them to switch me to CGS, because I skipped over the one sentence that said, "If this information is not correct, or if you would like to change the college or school of application, please call the Office of Admissions during regular business hours."

Post edited by Zamzam on

Replies to: Transferring application?

  • DJglover16DJglover16 Registered User Posts: 351 Member
    Yeah just call. I was in the exact same situation during admissions and was applying to SAR as well. I originally applied to the 6 yr BS/DPT program and later..actually after I was accepted..I decided I wanted to be considered for the 6 yr. AT/DPT program instead. I called admissions and they took my request and ran it by the dean of SAR and I think it was even later that day that I received a call back from admissions that said the switch was fine.
  • ZamzamZamzam Registered User Posts: 854 Member
    I'm reviving this thread to ask: I've realized the SMG would be too restrictive if I wanted to change major after being admitted, but do you all think it would be too strange to have them switch me to CAS at this point in the process? Thanks.
  • lostandfound5lostandfound5 Registered User Posts: 396 Member
    It's almost never too late. Just give them a call. You could even change after being admitted though usually takes a little extra time. But the difference is between a couple hours versus a couple days.

    And actually it's not hard to change your major from SMG to any of the other regular schools. It would actually be harder if you wanted to switch into SMG from CAS since you have to take SM299.
This discussion has been closed.