right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Regular decision

reglobreglob 48 replies15 threads Junior Member
edited November 2011 in Elon University
How long does it take to hear back from Elon if you apply RD? Also, is it harder to receive scholarships and other things that you could get easier if you applied Early Action? Thanks
edited November 2011
5 replies
Post edited by reglob on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Regular decision

• reglobreglob 48 replies15 threads Junior Member
    buuuuuuuummmmmmp
    · Reply · Share
  • rodneyrodney 9267 replies139 threads Senior Member
    March 15 th

Scholarship deadline for fellows is in January, so you would have to call them up and ask if u can submit your fellows app before your acceptance is ready....

And, yes , I would imagine that it would be harder for both admission and scholarships for RD....given the thousands who apply EA
    · Reply · Share
  • Scoutmom9Scoutmom9 350 replies94 threads Member
    Per the Fellows application:

No Fellows application will be considered if a freshman admission
    application and all required supporting documents are not
    submitted by Jan. 10.

All Fellows applications are reviewed after Jan. 10. Finalists for each
    program are selected by faculty committees. If you are a finalist, you
    will be invited one month in advance to attend Fellows & Scholarship
    Weekend, March 2–3, 2012.

If you applied under the final deadline decision
    period, you will receive a decision about your freshman admission
    status at the time of invitation to Fellows & Scholarship Weekend.
    · Reply · Share
  • reglobreglob 48 replies15 threads Junior Member
    But hypothetically if I were to submit my application right now, when do you think I'd hear back? I'd have to wait 4 months, even though I submitted it a few days after the EA deadline was?
    · Reply · Share
  • Lafalum84Lafalum84 7382 replies150 threads Senior Member
    If you apply RD, you will hear on the RD notification date: March 15. Elon does not have "rolling" admissions.

The only exception would be if you applied to be a Fellow and were invited to continue in the Fellows process. Then you would hear about your admission before the RD deadline.

RD is not necessarily harder for admission than EA... Elon has said for years that EA is their largest and most competitive pool.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity