Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Hey Engineering majors

NASA2014NASA2014 Registered User Posts: 2,314 Senior Member
Hey, did all of you survive your first year? or did you change your major?

Replies to: Hey Engineering majors

• NASA2014NASA2014 Registered User Posts: 2,314 Senior Member
    Anybody? did YOU really survive?
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 36,042 Super Moderator
    I made a 45 on my first college exam, in honors physics, after making mostly A+s in high school. I got a C one semester and a B the other. So it was a rough start! But I kept plugging and ended up graduating with high honors.

My main advice is to study hard, do LOTS of problems, even more than are assigned, and get a tutor sooner rather than later. Attend every class and focus!
  • NASA2014NASA2014 Registered User Posts: 2,314 Senior Member
    I'm a prospective Meteorology transfer student. What happens when you failed a test? Do some professors tell you to drop the class? Meteorology and Engineering are the same as in the math area
  • cameraphonecameraphone Registered User Posts: 378 Member
    Some instructors will straight up tell you, "There's just no way you can come back to passing at this point, so I'd recommend dropping." Others will expect you to make this conclusion yourself.
  • bodanglesbodangles Registered User Posts: 9,185 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Survived with a 4.0 after a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. :P Did change majors from biomedical to chemical.

Some classes are curved, so failing one test won't hurt you much; some have homework and quiz grades to buffer you; others, you're screwed and should drop. Phys 211 curved all of the exams in what I thought were ridiculous amounts. My Math 140H prof bumped you up based on "improvement."
  • c0llegegirlc0llegegirl Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    Why did you change from BME to Chemical?
This discussion has been closed.