Hey I would like to know what you all think my admission chances at are. My test scores are low for I know and it absolutely kills me that I cannot get them up, but here is the rest. I am Indian also
GPA- 3.7 (unweighted), 3.9 (weighted)
Has taken 5 honors courses and AP Lit, AP Bio, AP US His, AP Macro, AP Micro, AP Euro
Took Advanced Physics and Pre-calc at Oxford University in England where I was accepted into a summer program there.
Scores: ACT- 25 composite
Subject Tests- Us History- 580, Math 1- 580
-Very strong essays. I feel that this is a strong point of my application, especially for supplements and recommendations.
- Resident Advisor- I go to a boarding school and was chosen as 1 of 8 from a pool of 50 boarding seniors to be a resident advisor in the freshman dorm of my school. One of the school highest honors.
- Editor in Chief of School Newspaper
- Founder and President of schools 1st Cultural Diversity Club
- Habitat for Humanity Head of Fundraising. Must be elected by students and faculty
- Amnesty International secretary
-Chosen by headmaster of school to organize the annual Susan B. Koman Cancer Walk
-Drama- held supporting and lead roles in plays. Cast as an extra in a movie and short film.- Sings in 5 different choral groups. 3 of these require auditions and are very selective. Recorded a CD.
-Plays piano and has been for 11 years
- Junior Varsity Tennis
National Honors Society
Faculty Recognition List- teachers must nominate you for this.
Selected as East Tennessee Science Fair winner for Physical Science category
- Went to India and volunteered for 4 weeks, working in remote villages, teaching children how to read. I worked with an organization called Pratham Inc. and raised money for this group.
- Selected to attend Tennessee Governors School for International Studies- 80 students out of the state of Tennessee are chosen
-Selected to attend Oxford Advanced Studies Program in Oxford University
What do you all think? I know my test scores are a little low for but I am hoping that my extracurriculars will help. I have taken a good amount of AP's and Honors, but have taken a few regular classes also because I changed schools as a sophomore and it kind of messed up my schedule.