right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Is Visitas Worth It?

brobdingnagian17brobdingnagian17 75 replies19 threads Junior Member
For anyone who has attended or knows of the event, would I be missing out on anything if I didn't attend? I'm wondering because I've already visited Harvard back in March and am trying to save the money for the school year. Plus, I've already committed to attending Harvard.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is Visitas Worth It?

• lizardwizard9lizardwizard9 11 replies0 threads New Member
    Visitas was fun but far from necessary. They have all sorts of events where you get to meet other students in the various clubs and organizations on campus, meet faculty, listen to presentations, etc etc. It's pretty typical stuff, to be honest. Plenty of people don't go to Visitas, and I certainly didn't make any new friends there.
    You wouldn't be missing out on much, in my opinion.
    · Reply · Share
  • compmomcompmom 11274 replies80 threads Senior Member
    I think it's fine not to go, and it makes a lot of sense to save money. We went because we live nearby. But would not have otherwise. Visitas is intended to convince students to choose Harvard and you have already committed. Your visit on a regular day last March would have given a truer picture of Harvard than Visitas.
    · Reply · Share