Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
rinyslinerinysline Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
edited May 2005 in Harvard University
My question is about my schedule. Due to the fact that I moved a lot and I didn't take much time considering my schedules in those days, I am in a serious trouble!! Everything is messed up. I am taking grade 9 english this year again! Don't ask me how it happened. Therefore, I am only getting one english credit so far while all my peers are getting two. And 4 english credits are needed to graduate. My teacher suggested me to take English 10 over summer so I can move on, but here's another problem. I am so not ready for the college. I have no idea how I am going to get 2300+ in SAT since I want to go to Harvard. And all my extracurriculars started in my sophomore year. And I haven't took any foreign language classes yet. I am going to take Latin 1 next year. What I think is that if I just don't take english 10 over summer and take english 10 next year, which makes me have one more year of high school and all, I would have more chances of getting into harvard.
I am a good student. I get straight-As at school now. I don't know why I was so foolish back then.
I want to be a journalist or a doctore. I haven't decided which yet, but I am sure Harvard would probably open me a narrower range of choices only if I get in.

Belows are my past and future schedules.. I am sorry for taking too much time of yours..

Grade 9- I was in Canada
English 9
Home Education/Drafting
Geometry
PE
Biology
World History I
Art
Business Education

Grade 10(which is now and I moved to US)
English 9
Esol
World History II
Chemistry(audit)-I am getting As, so it's sad.
Business Law/Management
PE
Algebra 2

Summer School
Physics

Grade 11
English 10 Honors
Journalism 2
Precalculus Honors
AP Physics
AP US History
Latin 1
Forensics

Grade 12
AP English 11
AP Biology
Senior Science Investigation
Journalism 3
Latin 3(if I do well next year, i can get into 3 or maybe 4)
AP Calculus AB or BC
AP US Government

Grade 12*again
AP English 12
AP Chemistry
Journalism 4
Latin 4 or AP
AP Psychology
Desktop Presentation

Thank you for reading. I'd really REALLY appreciate if you could tell me what you think. Let's say I would have almost-perfect SAT scores, beautiful extracurriculars, and many other stuff with that schdule.What do you think the chances are?
Post edited by rinysline on

Replies to: Schedule

This discussion has been closed.