Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How do Most of the Ivy League and Top tier school kids get so many awards.

long2181998long2181998 Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
There are literally tens of thousands of students and each of them have a long list of impressive awards. How are there even that many awards ?

Replies to: How do Most of the Ivy League and Top tier school kids get so many awards.

• frugaldoctorfrugaldoctor Registered User Posts: 1,153 Senior Member
    MONEY!! Many of these kids come from upper middle class families and attended private, magnet or wealthier suburban public schools. These schools are geared to provide optimal opportunities for eager students. Others have professional parents who are connected enough to provide research and work experience for their children. These opportunities lead to excellent recognition and awards. Try and find several poor students who came from low income areas; good luck with that.
  • capitalamericacapitalamerica Registered User Posts: 451 Member
    Some also work hard or create opportunities themselves, entering competitions and making clubs to be chapters in national organizations with conferences and awards.
  • foolishfoolish Registered User Posts: 894 Member
    "Try and find several poor students who came from low income areas"

I think you missed some part of that sentence because Newark is only 30 mins. away.

OP - it's not like everyone has a unique set of awards, the typical NMS awards/AP awards are everywhere, FBLA/DECA type clubs are in most schools, music awards (I think?) come very often if one plays a lot (I think? idk), online competitions are common and simple to find and enter, etc.

This discussion has been closed.