right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

When do you start your summer reading?

bellybelly 869 replies326 threads Senior Member
edited July 2010 in High School Life
I have a lot of it to do. Should I wait until a month before to do so I won;'t forget information ?
edited July 2010
17 replies
Post edited by belly on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: When do you start your summer reading?

• futurexecutivefuturexecutive 2665 replies17 threads Senior Member
    hmm start school on aug 1, yep july 28.
    · Reply · Share
  • stef1astef1a 362 replies58 threads Junior Member
    My summer just began a few days ago and I'm almost done with my first book. I only have to read two books this summer, but unfortunately, I have to take notes in them, too. I'm planning on doing that after I read them. We also have to write a timeline sort of thing for each book.
    · Reply · Share
  • disagreementdisagreement 225 replies24 threads Junior Member
    Don't have any this summer =DDDD
    · Reply · Share
  • ilovefgumpilovefgump - 2679 replies43 threads New Member
    Lucky dude.
    · Reply · Share
  • weeds526weeds526 320 replies17 threads Junior Member
    I read The Things They Carried on vacation for AP Lit, I've read Catcher in the Rye prior to this summer as well. Now I have to write two essays by mid August.
    · Reply · Share
  • JUDYizmJUDYizm 36 replies15 threads Junior Member
    I was gonna do it tonight... ehh, I'll do it tomorrow.
    · Reply · Share
  • fearemanfeareman 463 replies12 threads Member
    I lifeguard at pools that aren't that busy, so I have a lot of reading time. :p

I've already read my AP GovPol book (Hardball). Definitely very informative. Next I'm reading A View From the Bridge by Arthur Miller and after that A Long Day's Journey Into Night.
    · Reply · Share
  • jerrry4445jerrry4445 2714 replies27 threads Senior Member
    I plan on doing my AP English summer hw in mid- to late July.
    · Reply · Share
  • shewasshewas 181 replies2 threads Junior Member
    When I feel like it... I'm thinking on the ride down to Virginia in a few weeks.
    · Reply · Share
  • neekzgneekzg 980 replies26 threads Senior Member
    I have to start reading soon. I have assignments that have to be turned in every week that are on the summer reading. :/
    · Reply · Share
  • crimsonivycrimsonivy 219 replies9 threads New Member
    I have already started my summer reading.
    · Reply · Share
  • PioneerJonesPioneerJones 1530 replies45 threads Senior Member
    I'm gonna start Frankenstein tomorrow and hopefully get Jane Eyre done by the end of July. If I have time, I might squeeze in Plato's Republic for leisure reading.
    · Reply · Share
  • SaugusSaugus 3584 replies322 threads Senior Member
    Week before.
    · Reply · Share
  • kenzie1992kenzie1992 957 replies46 threads Senior Member
    I just finished Life of Pi (phenomenal book), and I have 3 more to read that I haven't even purchased yet
    · Reply · Share
  • smartismarti 5 replies1 threads New Member
    I have to read How to Read Literature Like a Professor For AP Lang. Do a dialectal journal for the book with 3 entries per chapter. Do the questions or whatever on some stupid page and find a motif not in the book.

Then i have to read Life of Pi. do 3 reader's response journals and a reader's window for that book. This assignment is school wide for rising sophomore and up. We got to pick the book and I choose Life of Pi because nit was already in 3 parts to make the reader's response journals easier.

And then for Spanish 4 i have to conjugate 67 verbs in the presente and preterito and summarize four newspaper articles.

I started on the HTRLLAP like a week or two after summer started which was June 9th. and School starts like Aug. 23. When i finish the lang book i'll start on LOP. I have really been slacking lol i shouldve been done lol :)
    · Reply · Share
  • bandgeek05bandgeek05 239 replies14 threads Junior Member
    @Fearman: I read Hardball for govt too. Sadly I was one of a few kids in my class that was able to appreciate it.
    · Reply · Share
  • RusKarinaRusKarina 24 replies5 threads New Member
    I'm going to start mine tomorrow. School starts September 13th for me this year :P
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity