Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

When do you start your summer reading?

bellybelly Registered User Posts: 1,195 Senior Member
edited July 2010 in High School Life
I have a lot of it to do. Should I wait until a month before to do so I won;'t forget information ?
Post edited by belly on

Replies to: When do you start your summer reading?

• futurexecutivefuturexecutive Registered User Posts: 2,682 Senior Member
    hmm start school on aug 1, yep july 28.
  • stef1astef1a Registered User Posts: 420 Junior Member
    My summer just began a few days ago and I'm almost done with my first book. I only have to read two books this summer, but unfortunately, I have to take notes in them, too. I'm planning on doing that after I read them. We also have to write a timeline sort of thing for each book.
  • disagreementdisagreement Registered User Posts: 249 Junior Member
    Don't have any this summer =DDDD
  • ilovefgumpilovefgump - Posts: 2,722 New Member
    Lucky dude.
  • weeds526weeds526 Registered User Posts: 337 Junior Member
    I read The Things They Carried on vacation for AP Lit, I've read Catcher in the Rye prior to this summer as well. Now I have to write two essays by mid August.
  • JUDYizmJUDYizm Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    I was gonna do it tonight... ehh, I'll do it tomorrow.
  • fearemanfeareman Registered User Posts: 475 Member
    I lifeguard at pools that aren't that busy, so I have a lot of reading time. :p

I've already read my AP GovPol book (Hardball). Definitely very informative. Next I'm reading A View From the Bridge by Arthur Miller and after that A Long Day's Journey Into Night.
  • jerrry4445jerrry4445 Registered User Posts: 2,741 Senior Member
    I plan on doing my AP English summer hw in mid- to late July.
  • shewasshewas Registered User Posts: 183 Junior Member
    When I feel like it... I'm thinking on the ride down to Virginia in a few weeks.
  • neekzgneekzg Registered User Posts: 1,006 Senior Member
    I have to start reading soon. I have assignments that have to be turned in every week that are on the summer reading. :/
  • crimsonivycrimsonivy Registered User Posts: 228 New Member
    I have already started my summer reading.
  • PioneerJonesPioneerJones Registered User Posts: 1,575 Senior Member
    I'm gonna start Frankenstein tomorrow and hopefully get Jane Eyre done by the end of July. If I have time, I might squeeze in Plato's Republic for leisure reading.
  • SaugusSaugus Registered User Posts: 3,906 Senior Member
    Week before.
  • kenzie1992kenzie1992 Registered User Posts: 1,003 Senior Member
    I just finished Life of Pi (phenomenal book), and I have 3 more to read that I haven't even purchased yet
  • smartismarti Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I have to read How to Read Literature Like a Professor For AP Lang. Do a dialectal journal for the book with 3 entries per chapter. Do the questions or whatever on some stupid page and find a motif not in the book.

Then i have to read Life of Pi. do 3 reader's response journals and a reader's window for that book. This assignment is school wide for rising sophomore and up. We got to pick the book and I choose Life of Pi because nit was already in 3 parts to make the reader's response journals easier.

And then for Spanish 4 i have to conjugate 67 verbs in the presente and preterito and summarize four newspaper articles.

I started on the HTRLLAP like a week or two after summer started which was June 9th. and School starts like Aug. 23. When i finish the lang book i'll start on LOP. I have really been slacking lol i shouldve been done lol :)
This discussion has been closed.