right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

What would be my best option?

jadiebug09jadiebug09 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hello,

Currently, I am a junior in high school, and I am trying to figure out what I want to do in the future. At the moment, all I know is that my future plans involve getting a major in Journalism, but the issue is I am not for sure what to minor in or if i should get a double major because a lot of people have been saying a major in Journalism is useless in today's society.

My future plans involve (hopefully) eventually ending up working for a magazine and writing articles, becoming an investigative journalist (something along the lines of what I guess you could coin as a muckraker), and in the later future, probably just becoming a freelance writer. For this line of work, what would be my best option for a minor or a double major? If not a single one of my plans works out, I was hoping to fall back on public relations, marketing communications, or something along those lines. Then again, I have also heard of people minoring in political science and psychology with journalism. What is your guys' advice?

Thanks!
0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity