right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Retaking Class - Is it worth it?

avaasiaavaasia 0 replies2 threads New Member
So I had a pretty rough second semester of my senior year in high school as well as first semester of my freshman year in college. I took college equivalency physics in high school, which is now on my college transcript, and got a C+. My question is, should I retake it? It's a 4 credit class and could definitely get a better grade; it would improve my college gpa. But I know that when LSAC calculates GPA's it factors in both grades. Advice? Should I just suck up the C+ and move on (I took that class 2 years ago) or should I retake it?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Retaking Class - Is it worth it?

• bluebayoubluebayou 28255 replies213 threads Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    The only way a retake would help is IFF the college wipes clean the original grade from your transcript. In other words, there is zero record of the first course, and it is if you had never taken it. Otherwise, taking any other course and earning an A will "improve your college GPA."

(A few colleges will do this, but generally only for a Frosh D/F.)

The other reason to retake is if you are a STEM major and feel that your Physics 1 background is not strong enough preparation for more advanced physics classes.

edited October 2016
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity