Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Desautels Questions

vinsimvinsim Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
Hi I am starting this thread for the Desautels BCom program. Let us ask the questions all under one thread so that it may benefit future students as well.

Replies to: Desautels Questions

• vinsimvinsim Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    First Question: About starting in U1:

I attended the Webinar yesterday and a lot of interesting questions were asked. However they were not program specific. Here is a question pertaining to registration that I am confronted with:

I have 11 APs with 5/4:

AP Physics B
    AP Chemistry
    AP Biology
    AP Calculus AB/BC
    AP US History
    AP Psychology
    AP English
    AP Statistics
    AP Environmental Science
    AP French

Assuming I start in U1, in Business, in the 90 credit program, the U1 subjects listed on the website are:

https://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/programs/bcom/academics/programstructure/90-credit-program

U1/Semester 1:
    ECON 295 Macroeconomics Policy 3 Credits
    MGCR 211 Intro to Financial Accounting 3 Credits
    MGCR 222 Intro to Org Behaviour 3 Credits
    MGCR 271 Business Statistics 3 Credits (Prerequisite: MATH 122 and 123 or equivalent)
    MGCR 293 Managerial Economics 3 Credits

U1/Semester 2:
    MGCR 331 Information Systems 3 Credits (Prerequisite (Continuing Studies): CMSC 101 College Algebra and Functions)
    MGCR 341 Finance 1 3 Credits (Prerequisite: MGCR 271 or equivalent)
    MGCR 352 Marketing Management 1 3 Credits
    MGCR 382 International Business 3 Credits
    MGCR 472 Operations Management 3 Credits (Prerequisite: MGCR 271 or equivalent)

So, it appears that only MCGR271 has a prerequisite for which my AP credits will be utilized in U1. None of the others have a prerequisite listed against them)

Since I noticed that MATH 122 is equivalent to Calculus AB on the AP chart, can I assume MATH 123 is Calculus BC???

If I push MCGR 341 and 472 to second semester, and complete their prerequisite (MCGR 271) in first semester of U1, I should be able to fulfill the requirement of 341 and 472.

So, I guess I can register for the U1/Semester 1 courses listed above when registration opens.

Am I reading it correctly?

Thanks.
    Vinsim

This discussion has been closed.