right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Rutgers, TCNJ- UMDNJ

collegefreak87collegefreak87 306 replies60 threads Junior Member
WHo's applying to this program and what are your stats in brief?
edited April 2005
155 replies
Post edited by collegefreak87 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Rutgers, TCNJ- UMDNJ

• Topgun11087Topgun11087 13 replies6 threads New Member
    Hey everyone i applied to the school of Arts and Sciences at Cornell. Here are my stats,

Im a minority, i was born in pakistan and came over here when i was about 1 year old, i now currently live in newyork state.

Sats: 1470 (800M,670V)
    Sat 2's: 700 Bio, 670 writing, 750 math
    EC's: 3 years of Tennis now the captain of the varsity squad, Member of a Science Research Program i recently got my research published in a medical journal, frequently volunteer at the hospital, and helped set up a children reading program at the local library, Member of Freedoms Answer at school urging people to vote during the last election. Member of the National Honor Society.
    Gpa: is 92.6 unweighted and 97.0 weighted, i rank 27/340 students in my school.
    Was invited to a National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine in Boston during my Junior Year and attended.
    The A.P classes and Honor include: 9th grade-Honors Math, Honors English,10th-Honors Math, Honors English,Honors Bio, 11th- A.P American History, A.P Spanish, A.P Pre Calc, Honors English, Honors Chemistry, 12th- A.P Euro History, Honors Economics, A.P Calc B.C, A.P Physics, A.P Bio,
    · Reply · Share
  • RubensRubens 79 replies16 threads Junior Member
    3.5gpa.. (low but in very competitive school)
    SAT
    -1500 (800M, 700V)
    SATIIs
    -760IIc
    -660 writing
    -760 chem
    Volunteering at hospital
    Research at St. John's University
    Culture Club for 4 years
    Business Club
    Physics Paper editor
    and some other stuff
    AP - Chem, Calc AB, Statistics
    Couple electives..

I'm applying to both Rutgers and TCNJ..
    Anyone know when they tell us about who got into the med program?!
    · Reply · Share
  • collegefreak87collegefreak87 306 replies60 threads Junior Member
    I'm not sure but ther're supposed to contact us for an interview pretty soon. This program used to be a cake to get into but now there's so much competition that people with 1500's are rejected. Good luck to all!
    · Reply · Share
    hahaha..
    ur not really helping the pressure by using my sat score as the one they reject..
    haha
    good luck to you too
    · Reply · Share
    Rubens, did you submit a resume? How many teacher recs did you submit? I chekced my Rutgers application status and they didn't post the reciept of the materials I sent them.

By the way, my SAT score is lower than yours so don't sweat it.
    · Reply · Share
  • papucuttapapucutta 227 replies17 threads Junior Member
    u guys.....u get a 1500 and are looked at the same way as a 1590 applicant (1600s must get some special attention tho, u know? lol). i'd say even a 1450-1480 makes you "competitive" (whatever that means anymore lol).
    · Reply · Share
    I submitted 3 teacher recs.. no resume.. should we have?
    call them and ask about the materials
    · Reply · Share
    i don't think they wanna resume

my essay on why i wanna be a doctor was corny

and that community essay for the regular undergrad app was horrible
    · Reply · Share
  • mail4nrsmail4nrs 121 replies30 threads Junior Member
    CollegeFreak,
    You should have received an email from Rutgers, Neward campus that your file is complete. I received an email on Dec.17(last Friday).
    · Reply · Share
    I didn't recieve any e-mail. On the Rutgers site it says that only my SAT scores were recieved.
    · Reply · Share
    mail4nrs, can you please log into your Rutgers status screen and tell me what it says under "documents recieved".

I sent my transcript in with the portfolio to Mrs. Godino and didn't bother to send another transcript directly to the RU admissions center. What did you do?
    · Reply · Share
    I suggest you to call Christina Godino. I received an email from her thet your BA/MD portfolio is complete and will be reviewed by BA/MD committee.

On rutgers application status - It says congratuations! you have beed admitted to regular undergraduate admission. They also send the scholarship information with the admitted letter. On application status screen, it says 'document received' - SAT score and under 'Item still required' - Final HS Transcript. If you need Ms. Godino's contact number then please let me know.
    · Reply · Share
    Yes, I do need her number. I don't want it to come to a situation where they will be unable to review me.
    · Reply · Share
    Christina Godino is the contact for Rutgers BA/MD admission officer. Her number is (973) 353-5205 ext. 12
    · Reply · Share
    Mrs. Godino called me yesterday and said that they had all my infor but didn't have my e-mail address... so they couldn't do anything to e-mail me. I was relieved. Let's hope all of us get in!
    · Reply · Share
  • mikespan32mikespan32 145 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Anyone heard anything from TCNJ?
    · Reply · Share
  • LisaSimpsonRebornLisaSimpsonReborn 318 replies29 threads Member
    they called me the other week and set up an interview. tcnj i mean. but i know someone with the same stats as me who didnt hear anything yet cuz he applied later. i applied the middle of november, so if you applied after that dont worry you'll probably get a call soon
    · Reply · Share
  • mikespan32mikespan32 145 replies5 threads Junior Member
    anyone here going to the TCNJ scholars' reception invitation for Jan 29?
    · Reply · Share
    Any one heard from Rutgers?
    · Reply · Share
    nothing yet, but mrs. godino told me that she's sent my app to the pre-helath committee that will decide if I deserve an interview or not.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity