right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Will I get in?

Kylem13Kylem13 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited November 2009 in Multiple Degree Programs
So I'm applying to the BA/MD programs at Stony Brook University(Engineering Scholars for Medicine), Brown (PLME), and St. Bonaventure. Will I get in? Here's my stats:

2200 SAT (R:740 M:750 W:710)
34 ACT (Eng:32 M:35 R:32 Sci:36 Eng/Wri:29)
Unweighted GPA: 3.94
Weighted GPA: 4.22

Got a 3 on the AP US History exam last year (not great, I know, but I'm counting on doing better on my AP exams this year)

Currently taking AP US Gov, AP Physics C, AP French, AP Calc AB

National Merit Scholarship Competition (NMSC) Semifinalist
Member of the National Honor Society
Former Secretary, Current President of Model United Nations
Volunteered for 2+ years at local veterinary hospital
Volunteered at local library last summer
Eagle Scout
Attended NYLF/Med in Philadelphia two summers ago
Pianist since age 6, have won several awards and played with local orchestra
Lived overseas for ~4 years, visited 20+ countries
edited November 2009
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Will I get in?

• schriztoschrizto 3971 replies128 threads Senior Member
    Your stats are good but Stony Brook's program and PLME are competitive to the point that most of the applicants will have similar stats. Bona/GW I think you will definitely get at least an interview.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity