Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

college notification

jerseyindianjerseyindian Registered User Posts: 191 Junior Member
So I am a finalist. I didn't notify the national merit corporation about a college I've been accepted to. I got into Cornell ED. Cornell does not hand out national merit scholarships so I never emailed the corporation that card with my first choice college. Do i still need to do that?
Post edited by jerseyindian on

Replies to: college notification

• WirefoxWirefox Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    Why not mail it? It's easy to do.
  • mazewanderermazewanderer Registered User Posts: 1,399 Senior Member
    mail them or call them and notify your choice. You may still get another scholarship (from a different source) that you can use at Cornell. It also gives Cornell some brownie points (we have so many NMF's this year though it is not a big deal).
  • meowmix0669meowmix0669 Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    If I'm getting 2k a year from a company scholarship, am I still eligible to receive a college scholarship from, say, Chicago?
  • mazewanderermazewanderer Registered User Posts: 1,399 Senior Member
    No, at least that is my understanding. Chicago Scholarship is not very good and you can hold only one scholarship. You are better off with your company scholarship. Ask Chicago, but I do not think they will allow you to have both. Remember Chicago offers a NM Scholarship, not an add on
This discussion has been closed.