Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Financial Aid.

StepIntoThisRealityStepIntoThisReality Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
edited August 2005 in Northeastern University
Does Northeastern give good merit scholarships and financial aid to students like me? My goods are over here. Thanks.
Post edited by StepIntoThisReality on

Replies to: Financial Aid.

• rainrain Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    From what I always hear, Northeastern is known for giving lackluster financial aid packages.
  • StepIntoThisRealityStepIntoThisReality Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    Does Northeastern give good merit scholarships? Or does the college expect all the students to use their co-op money to pay for tuition?
  • kimmibee16kimmibee16 Registered User Posts: 232 Junior Member
    it really depends on ur grades. the better u do on ur SAT's the more money ur likely to get
  • LillianLillian Registered User Posts: 32 New Member
    With your grades, you probably will get a scholarship, but I can't tell you about the amount. I just know that those with financial aid didn't really get that good a deal. Maybe $3000 etc., with a work study. Then again, that's what I just heard. I personally am paying full tuition so I wouldn't know. Just apply and see what they give you. Then compare between the schools whose giving you a better deal.

You'll probably get accepted into the honors program with your high SAT scores though. :)
  • northeastmomnortheastmom Registered User Posts: 12,379 Senior Member
    If you go into the archives you will see some scholarship $. Some ppl were happy and others said that there is no way that they can attend.

Surprisingly there were a couple w far lower stats than your who got $10,000.
    I think somebody named Matt who was going to major in engineering was one, but I am not positive about the specifics. I think his sat was around 1300 (maybe lower). We of course don't know what other factors may have come into play aside from stats.

Others got far better deals elsewhere, so they turned down NE. NE is pretty expensive.
This discussion has been closed.