right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Scores too low?

newyork331newyork331 17 replies12 threads New Member
edited November 2012 in Northwestern University
Hey I was wondering if my scores were too low for Northwestern...

SAT I: 2010 (610CR 750M 650W)
SAT II: Chem 800 Phys 800 MathIIC 800

GPA: 3.7UW out of 4.0.

Do you think I still have some chance being that my SAT I is low?

Do colleges see SATII as the same weighting or lower/higher than the SATI?

Thank you!
edited November 2012
3 replies
Post edited by newyork331 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Scores too low?

• Crimsonstained7Crimsonstained7 1282 replies18 threads Senior Member
    They see SATII's as an side note (proven by the fact that they don't require them). However, your math is in the target range, writing is a little low, CR is a little low. However, they are not a strictly numbers based school, so your EC's and such will matter a good bit too.

That being said, with your SATI kind of low, and your GPA kind of low (Unless you go to an excellent school), you probably wouldn't have the best chances, but definitely not no chance.
    · Reply · Share
  • newyork331newyork331 17 replies12 threads New Member
    Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
  • ugotserved834ugotserved834 258 replies20 threads Junior Member
    those SAT IIs are awesome!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity