Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Shepard vs. Willard?

LettucegirlLettucegirl Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
edited May 2005 in Northwestern University
Hi I was jsut wondering if anyone had any insight into which one would be a better fit, or the main differences between them (besides that Willard is larger and louder). I have been conisdering Willard, but I don't drink/smoke, so I don't know (and it's further from classes.) ...anyone? Bueller?...
Post edited by Lettucegirl on

Replies to: Shepard vs. Willard?

• jennysupALLnightjennysupALLnight Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    i stayed at Shepard overnight for Preview NU and from what i gathered, it was a closer group of people. you're right that Willard is larger; i don't think that it's too wild though. also, what major are you going into? b/c shepard and willard are both south campus, both i believe are pretty close to each other.

i put shepard down as my first choice because a. i'm not too into the whole drinking scene [neither are you! =] b. shepard is small enough to know most of the people but large enough to meet new ones. haha did that make sense? c. shepard has a lot of music majors just because their the only building with music practice rooms on the basement floor. it was nice in the sense that shepard has so much TALENT!

anyway, hope that helped a little. =] good luck!

Jen
  • LettucegirlLettucegirl Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    Journalism. But I'm also doing the performing arts, and I heard Willard was more for the theatre oriented (me, sort of). And Shepard was for the music. (I sing, so it's good.). I just want a really social place too, and I don't know if Shepard was like that compared to Willard. (but somewhere I can sleep early if I want), Willard is more into the drinking scene?
  • jennysupALLnightjennysupALLnight Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    awesome. i'm going into Medill too! but i'm planning to double major/minor in poli sci so i'm not performing artsy =] good luck! oh and yeah, i've heard that Willard is more drinking scene-esque.
  • frizzbugfrizzbug Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    Just a note: Both shepard and Jones have practice rooms in the basement.
This discussion has been closed.