Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

General Ed Classes Online, Then Transferring to Campus?

cafelattecafelatte Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited April 20 in Online Degrees
Hi Everyone!
I'm wondering if it is common / possible to take the first year or so of college online for the general courses.
I am planning to major in Spanish to be a Spanish Teacher in the future, but I was thinking about becoming a Flight Attendant for awhile. I'm thinking about taking the training the summer after my HS senior year and working reserve for my first year or so (required for new FAs, a period of time where you are basically always on call). After that, my schedule would be more flexible, so I could actually attend college on campus. Anyways, I just wasn't sure if part online/part on campus classes is possible or how it works.

Replies to: General Ed Classes Online, Then Transferring to Campus?

• mshieniemshienie Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Well, it depends upon if your wanting to have more coming out of your personal life. i wouldn't recommend online classes unless you have no other choices. bc online classes can be quite demanding bc i have 5 weeks that i have to deal with in an online college, but it takes longer at campus, so what i would say is weigh out your options that you have. make sure to take breaks when you need to. i am glad that i did, so that i could refresh myself away from the burn out
  • xxtopcxxtopc Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 15
    I personally did 50 units online by taking classes from ccc and ltcc, I am accpted to berkely next spring, I used 1000class.com to find the online classes I needed, they have all the community classes information in california. Hope this can help u.