right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

The Bragging Thread

thumper1thumper1 75535 replies3310 threads Senior Member
edited January 2014 in Parent Cafe
Want to brag? What have you done in your life that is worth bragging about? Highest SAT scores in your class? Class president? Homecoming Queen? Biggest Scholarship? Highest GPA? Best salary?

Anything goes. Maybe if all the bragging is here, it can be kept in one place!!

I'll start...

My son got a perfect score on auditions for a state wide ensemble. It had never been done before on his instrument.
edited January 2014
4034 replies
Post edited by thumper1 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: The Bragging Thread

• fishymomfishymom 1707 replies142 threads Senior Member
    I have the cutest puppy in the whole wide world! Really, I do. People stop us all the time and tell us so. We are considering getting her an agent, she is so darn cute.
    · Reply · Share
  • dstarkdstark 33322 replies919 threads Senior Member
    Thumper1, congrats. Classical music?
    · Reply · Share
  • PizzagirlPizzagirl 40174 replies320 threads Senior Member
    Highest salary for a non-engineering major the year I graduated college.
    Modeled for Sears as a child.
    Discovered a secret half sister (and half brother) 18 years before Oprah :-)
    · Reply · Share
  • JustaMom5465JustaMom5465 1603 replies81 threads Senior Member
    My daughter got a great summer internship in a town near her school, and coincidentally she and some friends are renting a house next year, with the lease beginning June 1! and, it pays really well!

S is accepted to his first choice school with Honors & scholarship, is done with his app process. He's now rehearsing for his spring musical, where he has the lead.

Fishymom, what kind of puppy do you have? I.Love.Puppies.
    · Reply · Share
  • musicmommusicmom 2453 replies89 threads Senior Member
    I am the best online bargain hunter. It's my new hobby, and I'm known far and wide in my very small circle of friends for this extraordinary talent.
    Really, if I have an item number, say of an LG blu ray player model so and so, I can locate a price sometimes half as much as other places online OR bricks and mortar.
    Sometimes its Amazon, sometimes ebay buy it now, sometimes a coupon code from Kohls, it's different for each item. My 'methods' are superior to online shopping bots, IMHO. Of course, any money savings are eaten up in the considerable TIME that I expend to save said money. Sigh. It IS fun though.

I also helped raise two lovely young adults.......
    · Reply · Share
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon 11830 replies298 threads Senior Member
    My kid said to me last night that she "didn't have time to go into it" right then, but I better be ready for some "parenting time" this weekend. ;)

So here's my "brag":

I'm not completely useless!
    · Reply · Share
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild 22825 replies192 threads Senior Member
    Back in my life before kids I set a world age record for a 100K (62 miles) running race. Yay, me. (now older and slower but still racing)
    · Reply · Share
  • debrockmandebrockman 1026 replies10 threads Senior Member
    Oh, big deal....I was the Pennsylvania State debate team champion, I broke the record for 14 and under IM when I was 12, was student council President...yada yada....but the best thing EVER was reciting "Little Orphan Annie" at my 105 yo grandmother's funeral....even acting it out....and having my 16 yo son say, "Wow, that was impressive!" FTW!! Best day ever.
    · Reply · Share
  • mrsrefmrsref 539 replies16 threadsUser Awaiting Email Confirmation Member
    In college, I once made 99 free throws in a row at practice. (Choked on #100)
    · Reply · Share
  • ingerpingerp 821 replies45 threads Member
    So far, I haven't pulled my hair out this week.
    · Reply · Share
  • 12rmh1812rmh18 1888 replies17 threads Senior Member
    I worked in a German brewery when I was in college.
    · Reply · Share
  • fishymomfishymom 1707 replies142 threads Senior Member
    Thumper, congrats to your son! And mom, 2 of 3 is pretty darn great in my book. Allthis, what a proud moment for you! Toblin, that is my goal in life and we are well on our way to achieving it. And curmudgeon, everybody here knows you are definitely NOT useless, haha!

Justamom, my puppy is a Corgi mix. She has the colorings of a Jack Russell, a bulldog behind and a Corgi body. She is the smartest dog I have ever known and just a sweetheart.
    · Reply · Share
  • debrockmandebrockman 1026 replies10 threads Senior Member
    Dang there are some talented folks here! And Corgis are aDORable!
    · Reply · Share
  • violadadvioladad 6351 replies294 threads Senior Member
    I worked in a German brewery when I was in college.

I have vague memories of draining a German brewery (or three) in college.
    · Reply · Share
  • SLUMOMSLUMOM 3581 replies29 threads Senior Member
    I am from Northern NY & have made contributions to historical websites concerning that region.

I also used to babysit Viggo Mortensen.
    · Reply · Share
  • Grcxx3Grcxx3 2047 replies25 threads Senior Member
    violadad - I'll see your draining Germany breweries....and raise you several New Zealand and South African wineries!!!!!
    · Reply · Share