right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

IMSA Applicant Class of 2023

2»

Replies to: IMSA Applicant Class of 2023

• IllinoisStarIllinoisStar 11 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    edited July 18
    @K9Dude17
    I think that my application is strong for acceptance. I was just wondering about the High School Level Science Course.
    We could not afford expensive courses, that can cost upwards $700, just for this application. I had found a Chemistry Course on Courses.Com from Sal Khan, founder of Khan Academy. How will/can I send this course to IMSA, for proper documentation?
    IMSA has been a long dream for me, and I hope that this course qualification does not be a factor of rejection.
    edited July 18
    · Reply · Share
  • K9Dude17K9Dude17 7 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    @IllinoisStar You can ask IMSA, they can tell you what previous 8th grade applicants have used in their applications. As for sending the course to IMSA, I’m not entirely sure, but I think there was somewhere on the application that had a spot for that. It should make more sense when applications open.
    · Reply · Share
  • swimmingstarswimmingstar 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hi guys! I am a freshman who is going to apply for 2023 grads. I was just wondering I really don't have any outstanding awards nor do I have a lot would this make a major impact on my chances of getting in? How many awards will boost my chances of getting in and do you have any recommendations on awards that I can achieve in the next year?
    · Reply · Share
  • swimmingstarswimmingstar 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    One more question: on the website it says that IMSA applications are due on Feb. 1 but what if you wanted to take the March SAT test? Would you still be able to put that on your application?
    · Reply · Share
  • brinaz03brinaz03 35 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @swimmingstar you would have to just contact the admissions office and tell them that you're taking the March SAT, and they'll give you further instructions.
    · Reply · Share
  • Fire22705Fire22705 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hey, so I'm a male Asian-Indian from around the Normal/Peoria Area (Freshmen). I haven't taken the official SAT yet but I will soon. I got 1210 on a practice test the last time I took a practice test at a certain center. I have straight A's throughout 7th, 8th and so far 9th grade. I do lots of extracurriculars throughout school and do play basketball. Is there anything I can do to have a better chance of getting in? I know that people are saying that in non-competitive areas having 1100-1400 is really good? Is there a certain score I can aim for or something. Thank You
    · Reply · Share