Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Questbridge Scholarship - 2008

Replies to: Questbridge Scholarship - 2008

• Sheed30Sheed30 Registered User Posts: 12,425 Senior Member
    Anyone know how to send ACT scores to Questbridge? :Like the code or anything? I already signed up for the ACT but didn't put any colleges down..what should i do?
  • gotfryricegotfryrice Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    so stressful doing College applications and studying for standardized tests at the same time. I have to study for FOUR tests= SAT Spanish, Math and US History and ACT + writing. On top of that, I have a BUSY year a head of me (where I won't get home till like 8) and school starts this Monday for me. yay
  • gotfryricegotfryrice Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    does anyone know if Questbridge penalize you if you haven't take all the required tests? I'm planning to take those 3 SAT subjects and ACT...but is it all too late? I hope they don't defer me to regular decision just because of that!
  • sunriseapsunriseap Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    quick question: if you are selected as a QB finalist, do you HAVE to use your QB app when you apply to colleges? and do you use the same recs that you used to apply for QB? ..Or can you use the common app?
    i am 99% sure that you can use common application in regular decision, but QB is supposed to help...
  • MomOf3StarsMomOf3Stars Registered User Posts: 822 Member
    The Questbridge site states you must take all required SAT and SAT II tests by, at the latest, October 6th 2007. I believe that is the next time they will be given.

As for the question about finalist apps, the QB site has a list of required documents for each individual school that must be sent in upon being notified that you are a finalist. There is not much time so be prepared, the deadline for most schools we have looked at is 11/2.

I have a question, has anyone ever tried to get a fee waiver card from there school GC? What types of questions do they ask? We should have no issue but I am wondering how much info will be required and since our school does not start til Sept 6th I cannot even get in touch w/ the GC's until the last week of August.
  • grtskt89grtskt89 Registered User Posts: 200 Junior Member
    Usually you have to be on reduced/free lunch program to get the fee waiver card.

Thanks for the info about the SATII deadline. I wasn't going to apply because I hadnt taken the tests yet but now maybe I'll consider.
  • FarrCTFarrCT Registered User Posts: 209 Junior Member
    so if we are named as finalist do we have to send in additional information by 11/2 to the school we are ranking? I am taking the SAT's in October but can i still apply to schools such as Yale/Princeton who require the SAT 11s (if I take them in November) or am i not allowed to rank them?
  • grtskt89grtskt89 Registered User Posts: 200 Junior Member
    Oh just the Questbridge finalists are made by Oct...well then I quess I'm just going to bypass the EA/ED and do the regular...can I do that?
  • MomOf3StarsMomOf3Stars Registered User Posts: 822 Member
    I was re-checking our info today and I noticed that some schools do have later dates for submission but only within a couple of weeks.

As to the SAT question about taking the II's in November, this link should tell all you need or point you in the right direction:
    http://www.questbridge.org/cmp/college_requirements.html

Here is another link to the Regular Decision table that will tell everything about whether or not you can use the QB app for RD at certain schools:
    http://www.questbridge.org/students/post_match.html
    does anyone know anything about the QB forum? the link to it por favor?
  • MR. TubbzMR. Tubbz Registered User Posts: 422 Member
    I'm so torn about Qbridge- I love Upenn, Duke, and Harvard schools that are not in the match process....Upenn (wharton) is my number one schoool.........but Yale Stanford and Princeton are all in my top 5.............decisions, decisions...........

Are the fin aid plans offered by the Universities different from those offered by Qbridge for familes with 40,000 and under income?
    I don't know...can anyone answer my question?
  • GA2012MOMGA2012MOM Registered User Posts: 5,440 Senior Member
    The Questbridge says that although most of the applicants are from low income families, there is no "official" cutoff for family income.
  • FarrCTFarrCT Registered User Posts: 209 Junior Member
    Does anyone know what the SAT range for winners of the scholarships for College Match last year, I mean what is a competitive enough SAT knowing that everything is up to par (extracurriculors, class rank and GPA)? I was also wondering which universities in the questbridge patner colleges are really good when it comes to premed?
This discussion has been closed.