right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Rice signature/2d drawing? What is this!!!

runnergurlrunnergurl 47 replies20 postsRegistered User Junior Member
edited December 2012 in Rice University
So on the Rice supplement, it says to upload a two d image that represents you..... What is this? Like do I draw a picture?

Thanks! So confused!
edited December 2012
9 replies
Post edited by runnergurl on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Rice signature/2d drawing? What is this!!!

• crazymomstercrazymomster 1677 replies195 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I think it is the most "complicated" or complicating part of the app :-)

It can be a picture of anything! My S uploaded a drawing of something important to him.
    · Reply · Share
  • AnnafcAnnafc 112 replies10 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    It can be something you made yourself or a picture you got off the internet. Really, anything goes.
    · Reply · Share
  • exuberantpeaceexuberantpeace 44 replies15 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    When I uploaded my image and previewed the supplement, the actual image was not in the outlined box. Instead is was on the last page. Should I attempt to resize (again)?
    · Reply · Share
    The same thing happened to me! It was confusing. The picture was just stuck at the end of the supplement. I tried reattaching, but nothing changed. I actually just submitted it that way. Even if that is wrong, my picture should still be somewhere in the application. Good luck, exuberantpeace. Tell me if you find out anything.
    · Reply · Share
  • runallday4runallday4 597 replies116 postsRegistered User Member
    I think that's just what it does. Common App isn't hi-tech enough to get the picture in the box.
    · Reply · Share
  • CollegeBound947CollegeBound947 62 replies6 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Yeah that happened for me too. I think it is just supposed to be that way
    · Reply · Share
    I'm glad to hear the same thing happened to everyone else!
    · Reply · Share
  • aribar94aribar94 63 replies7 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    I believe it is just sort of a mark to distinguish your application further. Kind of unusual but also fun!

I also don't believe the image will fit the box; mine was nice and big on the last page.
    · Reply · Share
  • sophieschoicesophieschoice 11 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
    Really, don't spend too much time worrying about it. A lot of my friends just put a picture of their favorite piece of art or their favorite teacher. Just put something that you enjoy. The only recommendation I've really seen is to avoid making a rice pun.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity