right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Are these books enough? (ACT, ML2,Chem, Bio and Physics)

awkwardpenguin13awkwardpenguin13 1887 replies56 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,943 Senior Member
So I'm taking the ACT in April, and the SAT II's in May... And possibly in June too.

I already have these books:

ACT:
Barron's 36
Sparknotes math & science workbook
Sparknotes english & reading workbook
Princeton Review's ACT
Princeton Review's 1296 ACT questions
Princeton Review's english & reading ACT book
The ACT red book

SAT ML2:
Barron's ML2
McGraw Hill's ML2

Chemistry:
Barron's SAT Chemistry
Princeton Review's SAT Chemistry

Biology:
Barron's SAT Biology

Physics:
Barron's SAT Physics
Sparknote's Physics

I also have 2 books of SAT subject tests...

These two:
Half.com: The Official Study Guide for All Sat Subject Tests by College Board and Elaine Israel (2006, Other, Mixed media product)(9780874477566): College Board: Books

Half.com: Real SAT II: Subject Tests by College Board and College Entrance Examination Board (1998, Paperback, Illustrated): Subject Tests(9780874475999): College Entrance Examination Board: Books

The second is seriously old (1998); I only got it because I found it at a thrift store for like a dollar :p The other one is from 2006.

Any other recommendations? Especially for ACT & ML2...

I need some serious help on reading, so if anyone knows any good workbooks for those, that'd be great...

And I would really like a TON of practice tests... Besides the official ACT/SAT subject test books, which practice tests are fairly close to the actual one? (Barron's, McGraw Hill, PR, Kaplan, Sparknotes, etc.) List as many as possible please. (:

Should I get these?

BARNES & NOBLE | The Official Study Guide for All SAT Subject Tests, 2nd Ed by The College Board, Holt, Henry & Company, Inc. | Paperback

BARNES & NOBLE | The Official SAT Subject Tests in Mathematics Levels 1 and 2 Study Guide by The College Board, Holt, Henry & Company, Inc. | Paperback

Thanks! and sorry for the 463563 questions...
edited February 2012
3 replies
Post edited by awkwardpenguin13 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Are these books enough? (ACT, ML2,Chem, Bio and Physics)

• awkwardpenguin13awkwardpenguin13 1887 replies56 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,943 Senior Member
    bumppppppppppp
    · Reply · Share
  • jimmypodjimmypod 292 replies11 discussions- Posts: 303 Member
    Holy moly do you have a lot of books. For biology, I would strongly recommend the Cliffnotes AP book. Although it is an AP book, it is extremely concise and VERY easy to understand.

I was able to get a 790 (while making some very very silly mistakes)

All I needed for the ACT was the PR 2012 Cracking and the Red Book. I was able to score a 35 composite with minimal preparation.
    · Reply · Share
  • yodeloyodelo 948 replies126 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,074 Senior Member
    princeton review > barrons imo
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity