Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Which SAT Subject Tests Shouls I Take??

ilanag3ilanag3 Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
I'm currently a junior, and I want to take some SAT subject tests in may or june, but I'm not sure which ones! By the end of the year I would have taken these classes that are relevant to the subject tests:

AP World History (but in 10th grade)
AP US History
AP Physics
AP Language and Composition
Regular PreCalculus and Trig
Spanish 3

So which ones should I take? I probably have around an A-/A average in all the classes. And if it helps, I want to study Industrial Design, and my top choices are RIT, SCAD, Lehigh, Pratt, JMU, and VT. I know I want to take US History, but I'm not sure about the rest. Do you think the spanish one will be too difficult with only 3 years? I want to take ones that I can get the best scores in without studying too much.

Please help, and thank you!

Replies to: Which SAT Subject Tests Shouls I Take??

• MamelotMamelot Registered User Posts: 2,116 Senior Member
    Can't go wrong by taking one of the Math subject tests for any of those. For Pratt subject tests aren't really needed unless you are applying to the Architecture program: "Pratt recommends that applicants to the Bachelor of Architecture program submit the results of the SAT II Mathematics Level I or II Subject Test. If you applied early action and took the October SAT or ACT, the admissions office will consider your file when we receive the score."
  • qpqpqpqpqpqp Registered User Posts: 370 Member
    Math 2 and a science one
  • sattutsattut Registered User Posts: 838 Member
    Check out the sample tests or sample questions and see which ones you can do well in. Then get study books and prepare for them.
  • marvin100marvin100 Registered User Posts: 9,037 Senior Member
    Maybe you shouls take spelling?

(I keed, I keed.)
  • lr4550lr4550 Registered User Posts: 954 Member
    Math 2 has a generous curve but it is difficult; math 1 has a tough curve but content is more similar to the math on the SAT and ACT. If you do well in math you could take either. Otherwise US History and physics for sure. English if you have a good grasp on terminology.
This discussion has been closed.