Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Do I look like I'm obsessed with scores?

nangkhieunangkhieu Registered User Posts: 185 Junior Member
Hi everyone.
I am a junior, and Stanford + Cornell are my dream schools. Last December I took the ACT for the first time, and got a 35 on it. The only problem is that it was the ACT without writing -- I totally didn't expect I would get such a score on my first try so I took it just to get myself familiar with the test. Now I have to take it again next year because some schools require ACT with writing.
My SAT Score ( last month, first time, one-sitting) is 2230 ( M 800, CR 690, W 740 ) and I'm taking it again in my senior year too. Will I give the admission officers the impression that I care too much about scores? One of my friend advises me to move on to other parts of the application, but I'm scared that a 2230 SAT will put me in a disadvantageous position. I hope the admission officers could look at my 35 instead of the 2230, but my 35 ACT is without writing. I'm also afraid that the next time I take ACT, I might make some silly mistakes and score less than that.
I appreciate every advice. Thank you !!
P/s: I'm planning to take SAT Subject tests (Math Level 2 + Chem) this May.

Replies to: Do I look like I'm obsessed with scores?

This discussion has been closed.