right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

How to Rise Above an ACT, SAT Test Score Plateau

Dave_BerryDave_Berry CC Admissions Expert 492 replies2879 threads CC Admissions Expert
"STANDARDIZED TEST scores are a critical component of college applications for many students. For this reason, many high school students sit for the ACT or SAT at least twice. Not only is retaking these exams common, but new research suggests it is also highly recommended.

According to ACT.org, 57% of 2015 high school graduates scored higher on ACT retake exams, which could have increased their odds of being accepted to their top-choice colleges. However, not everyone is successful on retake exams. The remaining 43% of students received either the same score or a lower score on their retakes.

If you find yourself in this frustrating situation, take heart in knowing you are not alone and that there are four steps you can take to improve your score:

- Address your learning style.
- Focus on your weaknesses.
- Revolutionize your routine.
- Overcome your anxiety." ...

https://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/college-admissions-playbook/articles/how-to-rise-above-an-act-sat-test-score-plateau
0 replies
· Reply · Share
Sign In or Register to comment.

Recent Activity