right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, and Student Voices - vol. 3 eBooks NOW!

I think my proctor will sabotage my test

I will not get into the details of the relationship with my and my test proctor for my upcoming SAT. Let's just say we've a LOT of history. She has tried to get me expelled multiple times and I have tried to get her fired multiple times (I kind of succeeded and got her suspended) . She has said the words "I hate you, I hope you do not succeed" to me. She hates my guts. Imagine the worst relationship you've had with a teacher and multiply it by 1,000,000.

Point being: I found out she is my SAT proctor for this upcoming SAT and I am fully confident she will try to change the answers for my SAT to try to change my score. I tried to change my test center but my dad didn't let me. I worked really hard and brought my score up from 1100 to 1400. I'm a senior, this is the last chance I have (I have an important engagement on October).

Can someone just say something to reassure me that she doesn't have the ability to mess my test up.

4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I think my proctor will sabotage my test

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus 84956 replies758 threads Senior Member
    edited September 20
    milan321 wrote: »
    Can someone just say something to reassure me that she doesn't have the ability to mess my test up.

No. If she really does have a vendetta against you and is willing to do anything (including unethical things) against you, she can accuse you of cheating even if you do not cheat.
    edited September 20
    · Reply · Share
  • milan321milan321 3 replies3 threads New Member
    Ok, but does she have the ability to change my test answers after I hand it in?
    · Reply · Share
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse 30787 replies59 threads Senior Member
    Can you take the test elsewhere?
    · Reply · Share
  • BKSquaredBKSquared 1787 replies9 threads Senior Member
    Unless the SAT has changed its security process related to proctors after the Varsity Blues scandal where the corrupt proctor changed test answers to increase scores, I guess it is possible. Those cases occurred in specially proctored tests though where the taker had a special accommodation. There may be better safeguards in a mass center to prevent any shenanigans. Have you tried calling the College Board to express your concerns?
    · Reply · Share