Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Are subject tests worth it?

Canada1993Canada1993 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Hello CC,
I'm an international undergraduate student looking to transfer to a top school in the US (ivies and ivy equivalents). I was wondering if it is worth it for me to take any SAT subject tests. Are the subject tests more important for non-transfer students?

The subject tests I was looking to take are Math II and Physics, but given that I've already completed several calculus and physics courses at my current university (NOT a community college), I don't see why colleges would need to test my knowledge of high school level material.

It explicitly states on most of the universities' websites that students who choose not to take subject tests will NOT be at a disadvantage, but I'm not sure how true this is.
For what it's worth, I received a 2390 on the SAT I so I probably don't need to bolster this score with additional tests.

Thanks.
Post edited by Canada1993 on

Replies to: Are subject tests worth it?

• byahnoobbyahnoob Registered User Posts: 353 Member
    SAT IIs are required for Ivies.. i think? lol

its not the question of if its worth it. DO IT
    im not sure about international students though... so dont take my words for it
This discussion has been closed.