Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Doing bad in the actual test

SirDarknightSirDarknight Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
I prepped for Math 2 using Barron's, Princeton's and the Official Study Guide. I took all the practice tests, timed myself. I got 700+ in the Barron's tests, 800 on Princeton and 800 on the Official tests.
But the actual test is a different story. I sat for it today, I missed a total of 11 questions! I missed 6 questions in the first 45 questions then my time ran out and I couldn't even see the last 5 questions. Everybody told me that the actual test is easier than the Barron's but I beg to differ.
I faced a lot of questions today that I have never seen before. Some of them were so big, that it took me an entire 30 secs just to read through them and understand.

What should I do now?

Replies to: Doing bad in the actual test

• CheddarcheeseMNCheddarcheeseMN Registered User Posts: 3,256 Senior Member
    I also heard that the math 2 test was harder than expected today
  • BigIsBigIs Registered User Posts: 1,059 Senior Member
    Forget about the test until your score arrives. Then you can make some decisions.
  • RichInPittRichInPitt Registered User Posts: 454 Member
    edited May 14
    Curious - what topics did you see that weren't in Barrons. My D used it to study and the only one she thinks she missed was converting a standard deviation to a percentile (she knows the SD concept, but hadn't memorized the population % tied to a number of SDs). She said there were no matrix or vector questions.

As noted above, there's not much you can do right now. Once you get your score - Friday - you can decide whether you want to take it again.