Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

ED1 Class of 2021

124»

Replies to: ED1 Class of 2021

• violetbeevioletbee Registered User Posts: 29 Junior Member
    My daughter had to submit another ED form through her high school. She was told it was new this year. She applied ED1 and was accepted. She got an e-mail from Smith about 5 days before the acceptance notifications went out with the date and time they would be on the portal. They were actually posted about 2 hours earlier. The online acceptance notice was in the form of a short letter. We got the official mailing about 4 days later. She was given a STRIDE Scholarship and that brought her cost down considerably. The Stride notification was in her acceptance letter from the mailing. There was a separate page with a breakdown of her financial aid package. It was very easy to understand. We were both so excited with the STRIDE scholarship that we didn't take a really close look at that paper until the next morning. Massachusetts requires all college students to have medical insurance. Her total responsibility included a little over $2000.00 for insurance. She is covered under her Father's insurance so we had $2,000 less to worry about paying!
  • soobbesoobbe Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    Huh, we did not submit anything additional for ED through her high school. We did have a conversation with her counselor about the ED decision, I'm assuming so he could signal that we understand what we were agreeing to, but there was no form. We also had the same reaction about insurance. I was very happy when I called BCBS and found out that our coverage was the same in MA and that there are plenty of providers in Noho and the surrounding areas.
124»
This discussion has been closed.