Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Chance me for Stanford.. low SAT score though

GuddukhannaGuddukhanna Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Stanford University
So I am a high school juniour and I want to know my chances for an ivy league college... so this is my case....
2050 on the sat (710 math, 670 cr, 670 writing)
superscore- 2090 (710 writing, 710 math, 670 cr)
760 on SAT world history
5 on a AP world history in 10th grade
800 in SAT II Math...
I am an exchange student to the US right now and I have given both of my SATs on my exchange student year... would this help my application and would universities be sympathetic to my case as I had to give the SAT in my junior year and I gave them in exchange student year....

I have been constantly getting A+ in all major subjects (Math, Chem, English, Physics, etc.)

I will soon finsih community service 100 hours in a cerebral palsy center teaching kids with disabilities...
I will also have 100 hours of community service working in a children's museum in the US and beacon (an after school tutoring program)
I also plan to teach children in India and get some money to sponsor a poor child in my country... how does that sound???

I have chaired MUN...
I have gone to Harvard Model Conference...
I have played for the Senior Cricket Team (that is a sport like baseball... popular in the common wealth nations)... Basically, I have been playing Varsity since 9th grade
Varsity soccer from Ninth Grade

Additionally, I have built a windmill that got chosen for a project in school and now it is being built and the electricity is given to a green neighbourhood in the city...
I have also wired a house...

I plan to do engineering in college...
How does my case stand for an ivy???
Post edited by Guddukhanna on

Replies to: Chance me for Stanford.. low SAT score though

• crazymomstercrazymomster Registered User Posts: 1,872 Senior Member
    Stanford is not an ivy.

Are you an international student (it appears that you are)? Take the TOEFL.

What APs are you taking now?

You may want to try the ACT. I don't know, but suspect this test is easier for internationals because it is more straightforward about what you know, not necessarily your ability to finess a test.
  • GuddukhannaGuddukhanna Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    my bad... always thought it was... yes i will take the TOEFL but that is not a problem my teacher said... she said i will be fine... where do u think i stand from here... infact i am here in the US on a 1 year exchange... how is my application right now??? do you think i stand a chance
  • GuddukhannaGuddukhanna Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    bump... anyone
    no AP's this year, but I am taking honors chemistry and physics... (i am on exchange program in the US and my school is a new tech high school and does not have AP's)
    what are my chances for engineering at stanford??
  • phantasmagoricphantasmagoric Registered User Posts: 2,200 Senior Member
    Will you be asking for financial aid? If so, know that Stanford is not currently need-blind for international students.
This discussion has been closed.