Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

RD applicants: What will be your reaction?

ScaredAsHellScaredAsHell Registered User Posts: 234 Junior Member
edited March 2009 in Stanford University
To an Acceptance?

AND

To a Rejection?

Mine:
For Acceptance-
1)yell really loudly and call people
2) buy a stanford jacket/sweatshirt and when it arrives dance around like a manic with all dignity forgotten.

For Rejection-
1)yell really loudly and not call people
2) buy a stanford jacket/sweatshirt and when it arrives, go and huddle into a small corner with it....................................yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

So, my fellow future victims of the Stanford Slaughter Part 2, what will your reaction be?
Post edited by ScaredAsHell on

Replies to: RD applicants: What will be your reaction?

• eatsaloteatsalot Registered User Posts: 1,465 Senior Member
    this is just depressing thinking about :( these past three months, i wanted the decision to come quicker. now all i can think about is how too soon i am going to become heart-broken. sigh.
  • basketballbabe13basketballbabe13 Registered User Posts: 1,058 Senior Member
    1. scream and cry
    2. scream cry and kill myself.
  • QuantumArbiterQuantumArbiter - Posts: 599 Member
    If accepted:
    1) Not tell anyone and appear calm. There would be a discussion amongst my friends in school about college decisions, and then I'd break it to them in the middle of some silence. Haha, I'd appear such an a**hole that way.

If rejected:
    1) Used to it. I lose in many things I do by just a hair.
  • CollgeSeeker1CollgeSeeker1 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    If accepted:
    Cry my eyes out in shock!

If rejected:
    Won't be too surprised. I would just put the letter/email with all my other rejections :(
  • krwkrw Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    1. Accepted: I'd refuse to believe that I had been accepted and probably call Stanford to make sure it wasn't a mistake.
    2. Rejected: I'd be sad, but I would get over it.
  • pvtejasvipvtejasvi Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    Accepted: I would kiss the floor and run around the house 16 times

Rejected: I expected it, maybe a little disappointing
  • Beef SupremeBeef Supreme - Posts: 213 Junior Member
    When I got in I screamed to my dad like I had just cut my leg off. If I didn't get in I was planning on burning down trees. Lots and lots of trees.
  • hookem168hookem168 - Posts: 3,206 Senior Member
    Accepted: tear off my shirt and pants and run down my street in my boxers until i couldn't run anymore. Cry. Scream with glee. Do copious amounts of jumping jacks.

Rejected: Sulk. Destroy stuff. Especially cute stuff.
  • angrygoldfishangrygoldfish Registered User Posts: 285 Junior Member
    Accepted: desecrate my underwear, change, and run around the town screaming.

Rejected: feel sad for a day or two, despite totally expecting it.
  • DataBoxDataBox Registered User Posts: 1,661 Senior Member
    Accepted: feel really awesome, slack off for a couple of days, and then move on with life
    Rejected: feel dejected for a couple of days, and then move on with life
  • blueduckyblueducky Registered User Posts: 1,705 Senior Member
    Accepted: I wrote on CC several days ago that i'd run 5 miles everyday for the next five years of my life lol... and i'm not much a runner anymore. So that says something about the chances of this happening :)

Rejected: Get on with life. At least I'll know that one part of my heart has died. I'll be glad to finally move on.
  • wildchartermagewildchartermage Registered User Posts: 1,003 Senior Member
    Accepted: Feel happy and stoked that I got into another school along with getting into MIT EA, then fly to california to Stanford's Admit weekend, make choicies on colleges, and then move on with life.

Rejected: Bummer, but I still have another great school to go to. xD So, i'm not that stressed out as you guys. lol.
  • hotjava64hotjava64 Registered User Posts: 202 Junior Member
    ditto what hookem said lol
  • dpattzloverdpattzlover Registered User Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    Accepted!: Grab my Stanford sweatshirt, run around the street (chanting and perhaps without pants), and call Adrienne Keene (this liaison to Native applicants with whom I've been talking) and thank her so much, the phone call may be followed up with an e-mail. Go to Admit Weekend (just because my parents want me to actually see the school) and talk about how great it is and start filling out the enrollment forms! Then begin an impromptu powwow with my family and neighbors.

I don't even want to think about rejection. haha.
  • ab2013ab2013 Registered User Posts: 1,756 Senior Member
    Accepted: This won't happen. At all. Never in a million years. Never ever ever ever. EVER. Even after pigs learn to fly. In the remotest chance of remotest chances that acceptance, I'll hit my head against the wall to make sure that I'm sober and awake. If I don't awake from my dream, I'll start crying out of sadness for the 28,000 other people who deserved my acceptance. Wait, it won't happen. Did I mention that already?

Rejected: YAY! I get a letter from Stanford. Soooo cool. I'll give it a nice shiny frame too and show it to my kids proudly when I'm older. Yep. Because at least I tried.
This discussion has been closed.